2 to 3 Month GYM membership - Hong Kong Island

Closed Thread

Smile 2 to 3 Month GYM membership - Hong Kong Island

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I have just moved to Hong Kong for an initial 2 to 3 months to look for banking jobs; which will hopefully translate to a further 2 to 3 years if we manage to find some.

In the meantime, we would like to join a gym for the first two months. Does anyone know of a gym that offers short term membership? How should we be looking to pay?

Many thanks in advance.

Eric

Hey Eric,

Try this gym, Health Club of St. James' Settlement, in Wanchai, near Hopewell Centre, not busy but friendly fitness centre, operated by a social welfare agency, the monthly membership fee is quite cheap, around HK$250. Their telephone number : 2835-4387.

Fitness

I have no benifits in mentioning their names but last night we went to Finess First near Grand millenium plaza in Sheung Wan. They are pretty good in the same standard as 'Holmes Place',if you comes from London. They offer 2-3 months joining,I notice. It cost somewhere around HKD200 to join and HKD 550 per months, I think. Give them a try. Take the train to MTR Sheung Wan Station, and use exit E2 to acess Grand Millennium Plaza. You can't miss the gym.

Fitness First does short-term memberships. Should not have to pay anything for the initiation fee (or minimal amt). It is 3-months initially. I did this and am now on a month-to-month billed automatically to my credit card. It is around HK$500 a month, give or take a bit. I believe PURE also does short-term but is 2x as expensive when I looked.

2venus

I go to Fitness First Platinum on a 4 month contract, $888/per month billed to my credit card. I can freeze my account without charge..