Marathon in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

greentea, it sounds you're going to turn this marathon into some kind of photoshoot...haha , see ya there!

10 K sounds good to me, but I will have to wait for boxing day sale to buy a pair of running shoes...

Raymond

I believe I will be participating. My company's paying for the participation so why not?? hehehe

This is going to sound very ignorant (because I am about these things), but:

1) Is it normal for to have to register for a marathon 6 months in advance?

I couldnt even tell you if I'll even be alive in 6 months!

2) And HKD$270 to register? That's around USD$35-40. Isnt that a bit steep?

>> And HKD$270 to register? That's around USD$35-40. Isnt that a bit steep?

is a real bargain

because you will get lots of junk souvenir in your race pack, u know the organizer expect you will like those extras.

And they are profit making as well

SCM marathon

BTW the marathon is full.

$270 HKD is not stiff. If you do marathons in the US or Europe, you would know this is reasonable. The New York Marathon costs about 90 USD.

I signed up for the full marathon, and have started training for it. I do my runs in Shatin if everyone cares to join.

For those of you who want to take load of photos, please do NOT stop a fellow runner and ask him to hold the camera. I know some runners who are very irritated by this, to say the least.

The pollution is bad in Hong Kong, but using it as an excuse for not exercising is sure going to kill you sooner.

Happy running/training.

cost of living is not the same
    everything here is relatively cheaper except housing

but i think they should reduce the items in their race pack to reduce rubbish creation and cut down expenses

cheap marathons

But I do not think the cost of living in HK is half that of the US. US marathons are way too expensive!!!

Cheap bastards like me should do mainland marathons, only 40 RMB in ShangHai!!