HK Systema - Russian martial art study group

Closed Thread

HK Systema - Russian martial art study group

New comers are welcome to join or observe at anytime. All lessons are free of charge, as we are a (advanced) study group. Training on Wednesdays evenings 1830 - 2000 & Saturdays 1500 - 1700 in Wanchai.

Systema is ideally suited to people of all ages and aptitudes. Systema emphasizes natural movements normal to children's play, coupled with Russian breathing exercises and basic conditioning, which builds stamina on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. Systema is not a style of self-defense, as each person builds their own style based on their unique capacity. Normal fears of impact from falling or strikes are dealt with from the beginning through and intelligent layered approach to movement drills. Learning is peer driven. There are no techniques in Systema, just the immediacy of learning from your own good sense how to escape and ultimately control aggression through relaxation. Sound interesting to you? Register here:

Hong Kong Systema RMA (Hong Kong) - Meetup

Try a class and see for yourself. (min. age 16 years, male/female) Battle proven as self-defense by the Russian military, Systema contributes most of all to one’s lifestyle.

Any questions, please do ask. Thanks.

Here is a small clip:

russian version of Tai Chi

but if you want a real effective self defense martial art, try combat sambo

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkDifferent:
    russian version of Tai Chi

but if you want a real effective self defense martial art, try combat sambo
    in HK? where, may I ask?

now nowhere, i'm afraid. few months ago there was a russian sambo guy teaching at GRIPS (jab gym). he is not there anymore.

Really? I remember this Russian guy who came to sit in on my Jiujitsu class one time a few months ago too. He said he did combat sambo. I wonder if its the same guy. He left before class ended though, so we didn't get to talk to him much.

There are two different Systema Groups on Meetup.com (both in HK). What's the difference and are they related? I know knowthing about nothing...

Hong Kong Systema Meetup Group (Hong Kong) - Meetup
    Hong Kong Systema RMA (Hong Kong) - Meetup (link from above)

Quote Originally Posted by A. vd Laak:
    Here is a small clip:

Russians but with a BIG FAT US FLAG!!!!

Systeam

The two groups are related, both follow the Ryabko/Vasiliev branch of Systema. One group trains in TST and the other in Wanchai.

Here is the website of the one in Wanchai:

RMAHKG - Russian Martial Art Hong Kong - Study Group

... and here is another clip. In HK they train most of the stuff shown, except the gun stuff. - see clip.

Its a nice friendly group, a mix of westerners and chinese/philippinos. These are study groups. Most of the guys just train cause its interesting and fun (no macho stuff) Techniques (or better yet; movement) are simple and practical, allowing the student to learn and advance at their own pace. What is nice about Systema, is that you can adapt it, to make it your own. You will not be an exact copy of some master that lived hundreds of years ago, by micky mousing pre determined moves/kata. Instead, you can be yourself. Express yourself in movement in a free and relaxed way. Its a bit difficult to describe it, and by only watching youtube clips and such, you may get the idea that it looks weird or something. And honestly sometimes it does, but how come? I think its because we expect someone to fight quite fancy, due to the influence of movies, and traditional martial arts, with its nice forms and movements. Yet, a real fight seldomly, or never will look like that. It will look more like... Systema or MA. So if interested check out the site, and train with us. Bring good humour and an open mind.