Sport climbing

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sport climbing

I just started to play the sport climbing. Completed the elementary course at YMCA and now looking for partner(s) because it's not possible to do top rope climbing by myself. Anyone interested?

Thanks,
    Sam

rolders

i'm interested - where do you go? I did some climbing before, but it was quite a while ago.

I am going to the indoor climbing wall at YMCA in TST. Did you do sport climbing or rock climbing?

rolders

I'm not sure what the difference is, but if I describe it to you maybe you will know!

it was outdoors, on rocks. One person climbed the rock face, while the other person stood below belaying the rope that the climber was attached to, and made sure that the climber didn't crash to the ground if he/she fell.

That's top rope climbing. It can be indoor or outdoor. As I just finished the elementary course, they don't let me to go the outdoor wall unless I have the coach with me. I am going to climb in the indoor wall. Where did u do climbing before?

rolders

It was a place called Harrison's Rock (http://climb-guide.com/guides/ssand/...s/harrison.htm) in Sussex, england. Went there quite a lot for a while when I was at school near there. Would enjoy doing some more again. If you're looking for someone to join in let me know, i'd enjoy it.

hey guys, i am taking the class this saturday, see u on the way up

You guys might be interested in this site, run by an ex-pat, Stuart.

http://www.hongkongclimbing.com/

Hey

I'd be up for some climbing as well. I did lots of it when I was a teenager--even competitevly--but now I'm seriously out of shape, which I'd like to change.

I arrived last week and am therefore still in a process of settling down, so it might take a while before I'm available, but once I'm settled, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jman:
    hey guys, i am taking the class this saturday, see u on the way up
    hey, how's your class? is it indoor or outdoor?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast