Running route up to the Peak

Closed Thread

Running route up to the Peak

Hello,

Have read somewhere that there are a couple of trails leading from Peak down through to Uni of Hong Kong. Just wondering where the starting point for this, is you do it in reverse (ie if you begin at the Uni?) Also, is it physically possible to run up for someone of medium fitness or too steep/hilly?

thx

Route to the peak

Just start at Hatton Road and head uphill. It's an easy run and won't kill you if you reasonably fit. About 2K's to the peak and then you can run the flat loop around th peak

Hatton Road is at the end of Conduit road.

Take the advice, only run if reasonably fit!

Did the run yesterday, couldn't run for all of it - steep incline at points.

Becks, have you been yet?

haven't tried it yet - saving it for the weekend just in case i need the "extra" time to walk back
    How long did it take you from the end of Conduit Rd?

hi becks,

i ran from hku and i didn't have a watch so sorry, i am absolutely no use whatsoever on this question!

the views are beautiful though and you really do reach the wok shaped building!

are you very fit? if not, may be we could do the route together? (i am so so which is why i am asking...wouldn't want to slow anyone down or embarrass myself!)

i know it's also a hiking walking trail too... and yes, it's steep at certain point!

hi sassy kitten

Would love a running partner - and no, i'm not super fit at the moment...am trying to get back into it!

lets PM/email to sort out some times - this weekend and next aren't good unfortunately, though perhaps the week after?

becks