Like Tree4Likes

California Fitness, WanChai

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    What I'm not sure is how this is any different from normal activity in a gym changing room. I'm female, but when I got to a gym changing room, I strip off all my clothes, (including bending over to take off shoes) - go into the shower, come back and reverse the process - including moving around taking stuff in and out of lockers etc. As you note the gym is crowded. So - am I supposed to not strip off incase my body offends someone? Should I not bend over incase my naked ass gets too close to someone? It's really odd. How the heck do you know they are not just changing?????
    I am not an expert on what happens in the female changing rooms, although I do have an friend (young and attractive) who has told me a number of time that masculine looking women with short hair in the changing rooms (I presume lesbians) look at her beyond what is normal when she gets changed, and is in the shower and so on.

I have nothing against lesbians at all. In fact when I was a student I would sometimes make a menage in my apartment in Paris on occasion. (Whether that kind on intermingling is called lesbian I am not sure). But the point is, it depends on the appropriateness of the environment and occasion. If I go to a gay club, of course I woudl expect many man to express in interest towards me (and I could not rightly complain about that). But in a gym, this is supposed to be for exercise. The men who go there wearing tight short pants, tight white T shirts, and then the spend a very long time in the changing rooms making an eye towards men, or sitting with a towel open to attract you and then they give you a "gay" smile - that is what I find very undesirable to see.

Other readers here who go to the gym will confirm this. But do not misinterpret me - I have nothing against these people, just I wish they do not do it in a gym which I innocently joined.

Quote Originally Posted by chateau:
    I am not an expert on what happens in the female changing rooms, although I do have an friend (young and attractive) who has told me a number of time that masculine looking women with short hair in the changing rooms (I presume lesbians) look at her beyond what is normal when she gets changed, and is in the shower and so on.

Other readers here who go to the gym will confirm this. But do not misinterpret me - I have nothing against these people, just I wish they do not do it in a gym which I innocently joined.
    Sorry, have been going to a various gyms around the world for 20 years, consider myself attractive - and have never experienced what you are talking about. But then I just go in, change and get on with my workout or change and then go home. Don't pay particular attention to those around me in the changing room or get nervous at someone looking at me "beyond normal" - whatever that means! Perhaps your female friend needs to get over herself!
    And WTF is a "gay smile"??
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Seriously, "opportunities to satisfy their interests"? Are they having public locker room sex? What position are they standing in to "attract" you and how hard is it to ignore it? If it's hard for you to ignore, maybe you are attracted to it after all.

Last edited by JamesW; 10-04-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    How much per month?
    The gym membership costs 368HKD, I am happy to take 1.5k HKD for the remaining six months (which works out 250HKD per month). If you or anyone else who is interested, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    The gym membership costs 368HKD, I am happy to take 1.5k HKD for the remaining six months (which works out 250HKD per month). If you or anyone else who is interested, please PM me.
    how is it possible for you to transfer your membership?

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Wow, as a member of California myself I'll be glad not to be around someone with an attitude like yours! Words fail me...!
    From what I heard from one of my friends a few years back things in Wan Chai branch was not pleasant to go to due to the gay men there. The guys there either posing or being obscene in the changing rooms... he also said that the shower curtains had holes strategically position for peeping or sometimes two guys had got into the same shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix2:
    From what I heard from one of my friends a few years back things in Wan Chai branch was not pleasant to go to due to the gay men there. The guys there either posing or being obscene in the changing rooms... he also said that the shower curtains had holes strategically position for peeping or sometimes two guys had got into the same shower.
    Well Ok, that does sound bad - bit different from someone looking at you with a "gay smile" eh?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW:
    Seriously, "opportunities to satisfy their interests"? Are they having public locker room sex? What position are they standing in to "attract" you and how hard is it to ignore it? If it's hard for you to ignore, maybe you are attracted to it after all.
    I cannot describe all the things I have seen, but some are subtle and some are more explicit. For example a man sitting the changing rooms, with one leg up, and his genetiles exposed giving you a smile and an "up and down look". Or shower curtains purposely left open and the man soaping and manipulating himself. Men standing naked, in front of the mirror, blowdrying their anatomy. Men standing around putting their body posture like a women, pushing out their buttoxes. I don't want to keep on to describe this, as it might even attract more of this type, but please so believe me this is very common and when I have told my freinds in HK they told me this gym chain is very well known for them to attend and do these things. I also think part of it is that these Asian men are hoping to attract Western men, so they hope California Fitness is a good opportunity to do this. And in general the changing rooms are also very dirty and smelly. Again, I did not realize this when I first joined.

I cannot describe all the things I have seen, but some are subtle and some are more explicit. For example a man sitting the changing rooms, with one leg up, and his genetiles exposed giving you a smile and an "up and down look". Or shower curtains purposely left open and the man soaping and manipulating himself. Men standing naked, in front of the mirror, blowdrying their anatomy. Men standing around putting their body posture like a women, pushing out their buttoxes. I don't want to keep on to describe this, as it might even attract more of this type, but please so believe me this is very common and when I have told my freinds in HK they told me this gym chain is very well known for them to attend and do these things. I also think part of it is that these Asian men are hoping to attract Western men, so they hope California Fitness is a good opportunity to do this. And in general the changing rooms are also very dirty and smelly. Again, I did not realize this when I first joined.
    Embrace it man and get a little friskeé from time to time ;-)

I don't want to keep on to describe this, as it might even attract more of this type.
    With those types of detailed descriptions, I imagine you will get many more of "that type" joining up!

Actually I agree with what you are saying, but it should be known that the gym environment has long been a pick up place for years (both for guys who like looking at girls and for guys who like guys). I must say though, that the changing rooms must seem almost like a gay mans paradise, so no wonder they hang out in there, just like you probably would if you could get into the female showers, being the virile Frenchman you seem to be