Like Tree4Likes

California Fitness, WanChai

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix2:
    From what I heard from one of my friends a few years back things in Wan Chai branch was not pleasant to go to due to the gay men there. The guys there either posing or being obscene in the changing rooms... he also said that the shower curtains had holes strategically position for peeping or sometimes two guys had got into the same shower.
    I stopped going to the California Wan Chai branch for this reason. I was about to go into the shower and saw a used condom hanging on top of the shower box.

I know the people who participated in this discussion might not think much of peeping, etc... But I actually found a used condom. That was basically the last straw for me. I'm never going back there again.

On a similar note of the person who found a used condom, a friend of mine recently a found a used syringe on top of the edge of the shower cubical. Now whether it was a recreational drug user, or a user of steroids (perhaps most likely) it is surely a very unpleasnt thing to see in a shower.

He told the staff about it, and do you know what he was told in reply? "We will tell the cleaners about it. They must not be doing their job properly".

Last edited by chateau; 18-04-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L-X:
    I stopped going to the California Wan Chai branch for this reason. I was about to go into the shower and saw a used condom hanging on top of the shower box.

I know the people who participated in this discussion might not think much of peeping, etc... But I actually found a used condom. That was basically the last straw for me. I'm never going back there again.
    I think people's experience there will vary depending on how attractive and fit they are in the eyes of gay men. My friend said it was creepy going there for him. Guys staring at his crotch in the changing room it was all eyes on him etc.

It was quite funny to tease him about him liking the attention or him getting lucky with his peeping tom fans.

There are no viable gyms in Wan Chai... pure fitness in admiralty is too pricey...
    Last edited by Fenix2; 18-04-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chateau:
    On a similar note of the person who found a used condom, a friend of mine recently a found a used syringe on top of the edge of the shower cubical. Now whether it was a recreational drug user, or a user of steroids (perhaps most likely) it is surely a very unpleasnt thing to see in a shower.

He told the staff about it, and do you know what he was told in reply? "We will tell the cleaners about it. They must not be doing their job properly".

Thats not new. We have found Syringes in TST toilets and showers for years and they don't care. At one time some trainers were using them to shoot steroids and left their bloody syringes on the floor. Luckily back then we had an real good Philipino cleaner who would clean them up real quick.

You often see 2 guys in the showers in TST and sometimes there's condoms or feces on the floor. The staff make the cleaners run the shower for a few minutes..no bleaching or proper cleaning.

The HK side clubs are a lot better than TST or MKK IMO.
    Char Siu King likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Thats not new. We have found Syringes in TST toilets and showers for years and they don't care. At one time some trainers were using them to shoot steroids and left their bloody syringes on the floor. Luckily back then we had an real good Philipino cleaner who would clean them up real quick.

You often see 2 guys in the showers in TST and sometimes there's condoms or feces on the floor. The staff make the cleaners run the shower for a few minutes..no bleaching or proper cleaning.

The HK side clubs are a lot better than TST or MKK IMO.
    Nice. So I do wonder why California Fitness has such a bad reputation?

Central gym will relocate soon so I was thinking about doing workout at the Wanchai Club after it is closed. So many negative feedback received here. I am more concerned about the crowd conditions after work. Is it as crowded as in Central ? Long waiting time for cardio equipment ?

Any Pure member here who can give me some idea about the fees ? I heard that the fee has been increased. How much would it cost for one-club only?

Thanks!

Last edited by JaredHK; 21-05-2011 at 09:54 PM.

I am a long time member there so I have heard a lot about their selling strategy. No surprise to me cuz they can be seen on the complaint section on papers and weekly magazines from time to time. Money sucker without any conscience.

Have to say California gym is better equipped comparing to others, that's why I am still with them.

California are highly unethnical. They pressured a 60yr old man to sign up for 7 years membership and 180 Personal Training sessions! However they do have nice and very attractive female sales and receptionists.
    Last edited by WMDS; 22-05-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by work2live:
    Central gym will relocate soon so I was thinking about doing workout at the Wanchai Club after it is closed. So many negative feedback received here. I am more concerned about the crowd conditions after work. Is it as crowded as in Central ? Long waiting time for cardio equipment ?

Any Pure member here who can give me some idea about the fees ? I heard that the fee has been increased. How much would it cost for one-club only?

Thanks!
    When was this announced?? I've just looked it up on their website, was there with a personal trainer on Thursday and this wasn't mentioned!