Where to run outside around the Mid-Levels??

Closed Thread

Where to run outside around the Mid-Levels??

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I am looking for somewhere around the Mid-Levels that I can do some running outside. The sidewalk isn't exactly the most attractive option for trying to put in a few miles. Does anyone know of any parks or running trails in the general Mid-Levels area? Much appreciated all.

- Dave

Hong Kong Park? The Peak?

What about Bowen Rd?

Like KIA mentioned Bowen Road is a definite runners road...flat run, too and nice view.

Another (but much harder run) is Hatton Road. Start corner of Hatton Road and Conduit Road. You'll enter a park (I think it's Lung Fu Shan Country Park) and the path goes uphill to the peak all the way. There's a couple of (flat) side-paths from Hatton Road as well. Check the map when you get there.

running

Just past Hatton there are some public toilets on Kotewell Rd if you go down the steps next to them there's a flat shady path, not too long but a good place to run

Thanks for the suggestions all. I attempted to find Bowen Road, but thanks to google maps I don't think I came close. I think I was going more towards the Peak as at some point I was looking at some massive uphill running. Can anyone give me easy directions to get to Bowen Road from say the escalator at Robinson Road?

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    What about Bowen Rd?

From the escalator at Robinson go East along Robinson Road, staying on the north side of the road. Go past Bishop Lei hotel, keep going and keep left. Eventually you reach the traffic light junction at the top corner of the botanical gardens. Go diagonally across the junction and then carry on now on the right side of the road past #1 Robinson Road. Follow the pavement (sidewalk) round the big junction with flyovers (at one point the pavement goes up a few steps then back down). Continue straightforward into what becomes Magazine Gap Road, crossing one estate entrance and one road that both go off to the right. Immediately after the second road off to the right there is a small crossing point on Magazine Gap Road. cross here and continue on the left side of the road past the Mothers' Choice nursery. Bowen Road then forks off to the left in a few yards. It starts as a one-way road, and then after passing under the peak tram you carry straight on where it is now a "pedestrians have priority" road although some cars still go down to access properties there. After a bit further it becomes fully pedestrianised. There are distance markers every 500m along the road from the junction with Magazine Gap Road.

http://www.ypmap.com might be more help to you than Google.