Like Tree1Likes

Inline Skating

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Rollersoccer?

anyone interested in the wonderful sport of rollersoccer?

yep, you guessed it - soccer on rollerskates!

you don't need to be a whizz at skating OR football to do it (I certainly wasn't when i first started!) it's not hard, nor particularly dangerous, imho more fun than rollerhockey

it's really informal, but there's even a world cup for those who like competition

i'm trying to get a group together in hk, so please please please contact me if you are interested, and ask all your friends and family and colleagues as well!!

email me on [email protected] or mobile 9311 8190

here are some links:
    http://www.rollersoccer.com/
    http://www.rollersoccer.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by muse07:
    Thanks twistedfates. However, the site appears to be in Chinese. Can you let me know of a few good rinks to try out? Preferably with more adults than kids - back at home, mainly kids went to rinks..
    Whereabouts do you live? There aren't a lot of skaters here, though the ones that are occupied, from my experience, are occupied by kids with quad skates, and they are usually only out at periodical times when lessons are being held. In the less populated regions, the skate rinks are usually void of skaters pretty much all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by topkebab:
    anyone interested in the wonderful sport of rollersoccer?

yep, you guessed it - soccer on rollerskates!

you don't need to be a whizz at skating OR football to do it (I certainly wasn't when i first started!) it's not hard, nor particularly dangerous, imho more fun than rollerhockey

it's really informal, but there's even a world cup for those who like competition

i'm trying to get a group together in hk, so please please please contact me if you are interested, and ask all your friends and family and colleagues as well!!

email me on [email protected] or mobile 9311 8190

here are some links:
    http://www.rollersoccer.com/
    http://www.rollersoccer.co.uk/
    that is brilliant! i'm so bringing my blades with me in August to try this out!

great! look forward to seeing u!

will need a few more players tho, anyone else out there interested???

so.. i gotta get new blades.. my k2's are from back in 97 hha.. they're a bit shot. Considering I rollerbladed everywhere I went and also was always on them with my siberian huskies.

Looked up a pair of K2's that I really like.. the t nine alexis. Anyone know of them and have any suggestions??

I'll bring my "Razors" guys! Do you often street-skating?

Activities at the YMCA

Hi
    I am in charge of Inline Hockey at the YMCA, KPCC. We run an Inline hockey League. Over the Summer we are running a Summer League Thursday night from 8-11pm for intermediate to advanced players. If you want to join email me at george"at"ymcahk.org.hk. We are also trying to get a rollersoccer league going. To set a night I need enough people to say they are interested to justfy running it. I have already bought a ball and have been practicing on the rink. (loads of fun, only fallen over the ball a couple of times.) Back to inline hockey we are starting up a training night for all levels of player from beginner to intermediate every Tuesday from 8-10pm drop in welcome. Lastly if anyone knows when the HKSSG goe for skates and who to contact I would love to join in.

The YMCA runs a skate shop in Jordan we have a range of kates and protective equipment if anyone is looking to buy stuff. We have several pairs of salamon fsk skates on offer as well as hockey skates.

Last edited by GeorgeT; 14-06-2007 at 10:03 AM.

Question another skate coming up?

Hi George T and everyone~is there another skate coming up soon? I contacted HKSSG and Charles there was most helpful, he's getting back to me on upcoming skates but in the meantime is there anything else in the works?

I just moved here from Brussels last week and miss the FNS/roller parade there already!

HKSSG contact

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeT:
    Hi
    Lastly if anyone knows when the HKSSG goes for skates and who to contact I would love to join in.
    Hi George, it's easy, just go to HKSSG-->About Us-->Contact Us. I sent an email and got a reply quite quickly from Charles the webmaster. Really nice guy! They have a lot of activities apparently (I can't read Chinese), so if you send a message do include what kind of skate you're interested in: short, distance; night or day. (I got that question in the reply email to my query.)

Posting this in the forum in case anyone else has the same query. Good luck and let's skate soon! Feel free to PM me if you wanna skate. Friday nights for me are out, unless it's after 22:30.