Like Tree1Likes

Sailors Ahoy!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sailors Ahoy!

Have finalized arrangements to set sail on the High Seas. This will be for Sailing Lessons Level 1 in Stanley. Will be a two day course Sat May 28 and Sun May 29 (9am-4pm).

Its private lessons with maximum 6 people. Course cost for 6 people is $900/day for two days. Hoping to recruit at least two more captains. We've got two on board already, so your cost will only get incrementally cheaper with additional people.

We're pressed to make payment at the centre in Stanley. Arrangements will be to meet in Stanley on Sunday May 15 at 2pm; so that payment goes directly to them.

Call us 9177 7749 if you're ready to set sail!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Calling out all Sailors
    Turns out HK requires a sailing license to rent sail boats. Coming from Toronto; we pretty much got away with renting sailboats at the Harbourfront based on our own boating experience at the cottage. Having said that ...

Have found private sailing lessons (group of six required) at a very decent price (as its subsidized by the HK Leisure & Cultural Services Dept ie.govt).

Looking for 4 others interested in attaining the sailing license. Minimum requirement to rent sail boats in HK requires Levels 1, and 2. Even with our own sailing & boating experience back home - the HK sailing association still requires proof (poopers). All parties on board, will require the license. Hence, cost will be as follows:

Level 1 - HK$900/day (for 2 days Sat,Sun); for 6 ppl
    Level 2 - HK$900/day (for 4 days, Sat, Sun); for 6 ppl

This is for 6 people!!! Hoping to get 4 more, or at the very least another 2. So, technically these sailing lessons are really

Lessons will be in Stanley. email us.

Glad I got this in time. I'm totally pumped.
    If room still remain - count me onboard. Will call to arrange for details.

Thanks Captain.

Guess I'm too late for this one. Just saw the post today

Sailors Ahoy

Class doesn't start till next weekend (May 28-29). Definitely would love to have a fellow sailor on board. Call me 9177 7749

Quote Originally Posted by josephc:
    Guess I'm too late for this one. Just saw the post today
    josephc likes this.

Cheers, will call on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova:
    Class doesn't start till next weekend (May 28-29). Definitely would love to have a fellow sailor on board. Call me 9177 7749
    Am guessing this course is not for total beginners?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbaby.HK:
    Am guessing this course is not for total beginners?
    Level 1 course is for total beginners.

As I've already finished level 2 three years ago, I won't join the classes. However, I'd like to have a new group of sailing friends. Therefore, can you post the date for level 2 here after you've confirmed the dates? Wish you to have a good weather and comfortable winds next weekend.

One more thing to note about the certificates: (my own experience, for reference only)
    You need to pay $50 for the log book and another $50 for the certificate. Normally, you can collect the certificate after about 3 months, or you can get it mailed to your home (as the case for me). In the meanwhile, you can take a level 2 course at the same centre (just because the level 1 certificate isn't ready yet). The certificates are to be stuck inside the log book.
    You can save some trouble and money by taking a level 1 & 2 combined course (6 days total). I've done that in 2008 in Hebe Haven (Pak Sha Wan scout centre) for $190 each (level 1 and 2 included). In this case, you can choose not to buy the level 1 certificate (i.e. buy the log book and the level 2 certificate only) in order to save $50 *if* you have no plan to become an instructor. You can hire dinghies using the level 2 certificate only but you need the whole set of certificates (level 1 to 4) if you want to become an instructor.,
    Last edited by Michael Tsang; 21-05-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: one more reply

Cheers, will call on the weekend.
    hi josephc; big apologies, but had a phone mishap. could we contact you through skype, otherwise we can call you. leave me your number or look me up on skype hktalkie
    - sue

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova:
    hi josephc; big apologies, but had a phone mishap. could we contact you through skype, otherwise we can call you. leave me your number or look me up on skype hktalkie
    - sue
    Sorry Sue, been meaning to get on skype, but have been a little busy trying to sort out a move, which is now happening this weekend so wont be able to make the course even if i wanted to. Thanks anyway.

Hey, no worries; have reinstated my phone, so you'll be able to call anytime if you change your mind. 9177 7749

Sorry Sue, been meaning to get on skype, but have been a little busy trying to sort out a move, which is now happening this weekend so wont be able to make the course even if i wanted to. Thanks anyway.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast