Best Public Outdoor Swimming Pool

Closed Thread

Best Public Outdoor Swimming Pool

Does anyone have any suggestions of a nice public outdoor pool on HK island? I am interested in swimming laps but I don't know which pool to check out. Thanks!

There are public pools at Morrison Hill, Wanchai and at Victoria Park. Personally, I'd rather take the MTR to TST and go to the Kowloon Park pool. There are also nice outdoor pools at HKU and some of the ESF schools. Not sure whether it is possible for visitors to use them.

Does anyone know of any indoor pools that don't require joining a club?

The one at Tseung Kwan O (near Po Lam MTR station) is great. OK it's not on HK Island but hey it's further from the smog. The pools are designed for fun with slides etc. There's a good library next door too. When you're done you can shop around in the shopping centre back at the MTR.

As for public swimming pools, you should really consider the New Territories. They are better located with better air, nice views to the sea and mountains as well, more spacious, cleaner and sometimes not really crowded (check when the local students have their exams).

Tai Po and Ma On Shan are quite okey.

For govt facilities, Kwun Tong has massive outdoor pools, both lap and play pools for kids, but gets very crowded (lap pools) on hot days...Island East Sports Centre in Sai Wan Ho has an indoor lap pool (smallish and crowded) and an indoor play pool

Last edited by timklip; 09-05-2007 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks everybody! I'll check them out! Lots of great advice and suggestions...