Like Tree9Likes

Advice Needed!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks a lot for all your advice....

losing weight is a never ending yoyo cycle as most people will tend to reduce there food intake whilst increasing there physical exercise normally in the form of gym'ing or running.

The problem is that the moment you reach your targeted weight you return to your "normal" eating pattern (in most cases) and most likely reduce the physical exercise as well. This will obviously lead to the inevitable of gaining back the "lost" weight very fast.

In essence the best way would probably be to lose weight via moderate exercise with very little change to your current diet....obviously this process will take longer but in the long run i'd say makes more sense....

Seen and know too many people who target to lose X amount of weight in X amount of time then once they reach this targeted amount instantly put weight back on in a Third of the time it took them to lose it....and so the cycle continues..

p.s. Note that the required physical exercise amount will differ for everyone. One person may need to run for 2 hours a day where as another person may only need to walk for 1 hr a day to meet there requirement of physical exercise. (and yes Age, current, height, weight etc will also play a factor into this..)

So with the wall of text in mind, i'd say don't get roped into more than is needed.

Also in relation to low carb intake, careful of when u get back on them as having a low carb intake u see a big difference in a short period of time but i'll bite u in the ass once u return to ur normal intake.

Low carb diet are often fooling you into thinking you have lost weight. Your body stores energy in fat and glycogen(carb). When you diet and exercise, you might deplete your glycogen reserves because that's the most readily available source of energy. The other peculiarity is that glycogen requires a fair bit of water so when you shed the glycogen, you also lose a fair amount of water. In the end, there can be a significant weight change on the scale but you can still have the same amount of fat which means that as soon as you resume a normal diet and exercise regiment, the weight will come right back.

One way to check whether you are actually making a real impact with your efforts is to get a body composition monitors which are not much more than a scale but give you far more information and actually keep a memory of your data.

This is an example of a popular one: BC-533GL Iron Girl Body Composition Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by endofadecade:
    Thanks Virago, thats what Im aiming to get at. Loose moderate amounts of weight over time. I am trying to stick to a healthy diet and avoiding carbs as much as possible.
    I was able to reduce by weight through meal replacements. There are a couple of brands here in HK i recommend but many are crappy and you will get more nutrition by eating the box.

You don't need to avoid carbs altogether as they are still required. I did cut out bread altogether but reduced pasta and rice considerably. Instead of having a full bowl of rice have 1/2 bowl.

The best way is a balance diet and exercise - for life! But we all know that anyway.