gym prices

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Well, I'm currently paying $98/month, but that's because I got a lifetime membership (which, unlike the title suggests, can be cancelled). I also had to pay an additional $2800 up front, which means I only start saving money in contrast to the normal $324/month after a year.

I've been taking a break for a few weeks so I'm not aware of the current prices, but I could check it out when I go back this week.

Oh, and I forgot, I get an amazing 10 free towel uses

this is pretty stupid of me but i forgot to check the cal fitness gym in central b4 i signed up. does it get busy after work? i'm thinking of going around 7:30-8:00pm each day.

thanks.

Been a member for 2 years and I seem to be paying more than everyone I know ($398), but I don't want to have to commit to another contract. If I say I'm going to cancel, will they offer a lower fee to keep me?

Pure Fitness (Kinwick Only)

Just checked out prices at Pure Fitness Kinwick Centre (on your way down the escalator to Hollywood Road) yesterday afternoon, and here's what was shown to me:

1y contract: sign up fee of $1k+, $799/mth (HSBC cardholders get 50% off the sign up fee)
    2y contract: no sign up fee, $599/mth (total amt of $14k "locked" in your card)

They also do a month to month thing at $999/mth...can't remember what the sign up fee is, if there is one.

Above rates are only for Kinwick Centre...add on $400/mth extra for IFC2 and Kinwick access.

Don't think there's too much room for negotiations on their rates, unlike at other gyms. What's nice though is they have DVD rentals for individual TV screens on all machines except the stationary bike, and they provide shorts/T-shirts/socks if you show up without.

I was also given a 3-visit pass to check out the facilities, but had to ask for it.

Last edited by ingenue; 04-06-2007 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ingenue:
    Don't think there's too much room for negotiations on their rates, unlike at other gyms.
    Not sure about the current situation. There used to be a fair bit of flexibility when I joined Pure about one year ago – my final deal came out at just over HKD500 per month for both Kinwick Centre and IFC locations (two-year contract).

Quote Originally Posted by beachball:
    Not sure about the current situation. There used to be a fair bit of flexibility when I joined Pure about one year ago – my final deal came out at just over HKD500 per month for both Kinwick Centre and IFC locations (two-year contract).
    How did you manage that??? I'm usually pretty good at extracting the "hidden" price, but negotiations didn't seem to go anywhere last night. I haven't signed with them yet...

I'm paying something like 350 at fitness first in central. can only use that and the SW branch. one year contract.

There was something like a 400 signing fee, but i got them to throw in a free month.

Gym

Hi, I would like to know if the gym say California Fitness or Fitness First offer us 12/24 month contract, do we have to pay up front? Or we just sign 12/24/ month (or even longer) contract and pay monthly?

Thanks!