Like Tree17Likes

Missleading "REFUND" offer at PHYSICAL FITNESS!! Disaster Need help.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Yes, i do have an 'extended member'.
    Lol. That one tickled me.

That joke I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Yes, i do have an 'extended member'.
    really? Was the surgery painful? mines naturally long, no extension needed.
    virago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieGordon:
    really? Was the surgery painful? mines naturally long, no extension needed.
    He was trying to get a refund from the genes department.

They just spoke really fast, took three credit cards, sedated him and voila...

Viragogogogo

(On the plus side he got free towels and a locker)
    virago and CharlieGordon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    It is really difficult to understand your point.
    Why on earth did you hand over 2 credit cards and then sign both? Why were they asking for another card (a 3rd one?) for the locker?
    How would a salesman know you have reached the limit on your cards?
    Why have you written the same story out several times on one post?
    FF are a franchise, and this is not the first country that they exist in to get a complaint such as this.

Start with your case to the manageer, then if that doesn't get you anywhere take it higher, as Flygoff says, to the consumer council, mentioning this to the gym manager, and that you'll also warn other potential clientele .

I have a friend in Dubai who is a member of FF, and she had vouchers to bring a friend along, so along I went - more than a few times, and the staff were ALWAYS calling me up trying to get me to join, no matter how many times I told them that I was moving to HK.

Of course, the sales person says that you can transfer your membership to another country - well, how do I know? I could have arrived here and FF say that no, I can't transfer membership, and I've foolishly forked out $$$ for a service I cannot use.

So far, since arriving here, I have not stepped foot inside a gym. Maybe to take up Muay Thai again, but not FF.

I do hope that you get your refund - the Cr card thing is a worry and sounds very dodgy - these sales people have no interest in fitness AT ALL, just to get you to sign up and them to get the commission.

Saying "no" is either for people who has no interest in the service from the beginning or for people who don't have to deal much. The level of judgement people have - thinking they won't be the next to get scammed - is pretty naive.

The downright 'no' is very easy to do when you're just sitting in the monitor reading it with a fully functioning brain. You say no all day long to internet advertisements. All you need is to click the little red button on the top right hand corner of the window, and you will no longer see the Ad. Judging the OP this way is like telling the OP, "Why didn't you click the red button?" "I personally would click the red button". But the way they set the environment up, sales pitch, and even withholding your card.. I personally have the most difficult time saying no to pretty girls. You just don't know what they'll throw at you. It's next to impossible to tell myself that I'll never get scammed. But you'll have to be exposed quite a bit to the environment to know this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    They're unlikely to sack him. He's probably done exactly what he was trained to do. More likely they'll give him a bonus!
    You're guessing now. If you don't try to punish the sales, you'll never know - but don't guess. I can confirm with you that the sales person who threatened me didn't have to go through my phone number and mentioned my address if he knew he would get a bonus if I file a complaint. Headquarter may stay a blind eye with the sales team, but the locals absolutely abhor hassle. So if you give hassle to the headquarter, they're not going to 'give him bonus'.
    Last edited by Creative83; 19-07-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Have had experience of aggressive salesmen trying to sell. Many times. Said no.

Last edited by Satay Sue; 19-07-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    The level of judgement people have - thinking they won't be the next to get scammed - is pretty naive.
    Nowhere near as naive as handing over 3 credit cards when you don't know what the hell is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    I personally have the most difficult time saying no to pretty girls.
    or this^
    Last edited by justjoe86; 19-07-2011 at 02:33 PM.

I was reading your threat about Physical Fitness - my friend received similar treatment and is now fighting to get her money back. Did you end up resolving the problem.

Yeah last year, the matter has been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by rjfhk:
    I was reading your threat about Physical Fitness - my friend received similar treatment and is now fighting to get her money back. Did you end up resolving the problem.
    I haven't log in here for a long time. I got the matter resolved with the help of filing complaint with Consumer Council.
    Physical Fitness HQ Consumer service called me and give me the offer of cancel the contract and return most of my money back. Cause she said need to paid $1000 for cancel contract fee. I tried to negotiate to get that $1000 off, but can't. Anyway is better then not getting money back. Few days, later the Consumer Council general manager called me for the offer and agreement about the complaint case. and ask if I had accepted the offer. of course I did.
    I got that resolved back in August, 2011 and takes about 4 weeks, to the end of case.
    Last edited by Felix Lai; 07-02-2012 at 01:22 AM. Reason: update some info that I left.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8