Capoeira Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Capoeira Hong Kong

Hi All,

I have trained with a great school in London and was looking to continue learning Capoeira in Hong Kong. Unfortunately I tried the most recommended school taken by chumbinho in MongKok but found i could never get there in time and it was quite expensive for the quality of the class that you received. The professor actually only took 1 class while i was there and a senior student (who spent more time looking in the mirror then anything else) gave a very unstructured workout. Not worth the money or the travel time.
    Ive given it up for a bit but now really want to get back into it. If there are any classes or teachers available (that train indoors at a private academy) on Hong Kong Island please let me know. Id even do private classes if need be.

Thanks

Hi,
    I know this is old, but we have basically the same concern, and maybe you already found a teacher. IS there any decent capoeira group in HK?

On HK side, I believe there are two groups at least. Zen is teaching in CWB I believe. They have a batizado coming up on April 26 you can check out in aberdeen.

You can try to find him via google or give me a PM and I'll hook you up with his contact info.

Mestra Jo is also teaching island side. I think at Epic MMA Club? She's also part of capoeira brasil.

EPIC MMA in Central. If you are looking for really high level. It's expensive, but all the coaches there are world champions. For the Capoeira part, the coach is Jo Oliveira. She is the only black belt in the entire Asia, she is ranked number one in Brazil. She has over 30 years experience.

Well, not saying Jo Olivera is good or bad, but I have trainned enough to know that there is just not such a "rank" for capoeira and there is certainly not such a thing as number one in Brazil. I really would like to try there, but I am living in Hung Hom, and would need something closer.

there's a group that meets in central in the evening to do capoeira. I see them at the park up the street from Mr. Taco Truck in LKF. It's the park shaped like an amphitheatre. You can't miss it.

I know this is an old thread, but i was wondering if anybody has found a great capoeira place?
    mestre Jo has moved to Australia. To clarify she is not the best in capoeira world, rather she is actually the first female mestre in Grupo Capoeira Brazil in the world.
    i am originally from Chumbinho group, but i didn't learnt much for a long time and I dislike his attitude, especially towards female newcomers. I like one of his instructor, Rasta, but all their batisado will be led by Chumbinho and his mestres (which have the same attitude as Chumbinho outside class).
    So i wonder if anybody knows of any other Capoeira group in Hong Kong? Capoeira Camara by Professor Indio maybe? Can anybody gives a recommendation?

Hi all,

it's a very old thread and I am not too sure whether I will get an answer, but let's try

I am looking for a capoeira angola school in HK. I have been a contemporea guy for very long but I had the opportunity to train w Mestre Poncianinho in London and I am just in love with Angola now! Anybody aware of a good angola school in HK?

Cheers,

Paolo