Bikram Yoga is no more - DISAPPEARED!!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Yes....weight loss more important...Especially in HK...Don't want to buy maternity clothes when I'm not preggers!

Quote Originally Posted by Krad:
    Ahh, why bother preaching about heaven or enlightenment when you can promise weight loss?

jgl, I'm not an actual Scientologist, but I play one on TV. They wouldn't let me in because when they made me jump on the couches, I kept breaking them.
    Ah, I assumed you were not serious about the Scientology thing as you'd already exhibited a sense of humour Oh, and shown the ability to excercise logical thought (which would be incompatible with the ability to read Dianetics front to back without fits of giggling).

The disconnect/Xenu references were a counter-joke. I must remember to use smileys.

Calorie burn during excercise- I thought that was a fairly minor part of weight loss anyway. Thought the more important effect of excercise is an extended elevation of metabolic rate (and therefore more energy expended over a days rather than hours).
    Last edited by jgl; 13-06-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Yeah I'm gonna patent a combination of walk cycle, and a various strides then by god I'm gonna sue the planet!
    Hell I'm even gonna patent perpendicular motion, then I'm gonna sue that Bikram also, unless he develops a way to move in parallel motion that he can patent for all i care.

But serious i think its sickening that someone can patent motion and postures, repulsive.
    Open source everything!

Well after all the flak Planet Yoga has been getting with screaming angry members, police, press and umpteen complaints to the Consumer Council ... it seems that they have given in a lil under the pressure and will resume a limited schedule of Bikram Yoga starting next week. Same 26 postures and 1.5 hrs classes.

Dunno if the teachers will be the same ... will wait and see how it all unfolds.

On another note ... PSPs looks curvy and cool, NDS look bland but I like the dual touch screen idea. Gives more interactivity altho me never played one yet. :P

Considering that the owners of Bikram Yoga are also the owners of Planet Yoga I would say that Planet have some responsibility to Bikram's disgruntled customers. Funny how the stance adopted by Planet changed from "no refund" to "it will be credited to your account next week" when a beat constable was brought in. And even funnier to see the real management crawl out from the back room when previously the reception were masquerading as such.
    Once you've played a PSP you won't be looking at an NDS any more.

just moved here and find that there is no Bikram would love suggestions to next best style and or club in HK. thanks..

May I ask what's the current case on the Planet/Bikram Yoga now?

anyone know of any updates?

will bikram yoga ever start up again in hong kong?