Like Tree3Likes

FiveTen brand shoes--where to buy?

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    FiveTen brand shoes--where to buy?

    I heard FiveTen brand sport shoes are only sold at one shop in Mongkok. Does anyone know if that info is correct and, if so, which shop that might be?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,150
    Chamonix Alpine Equipment

    Address
    地址: 6A Nelson Street,G/F&1/F,Mongkok,Kowloon.
    九龍旺角奶路臣街6號A地下及1樓
    Tel 電話: (852) 23883626, (852) 23848190
    Fax 傳真: (852) 2770 7110
    *Mongkok MTR (Bank Centre Exit) 旺角地鐵站銀行中心出口

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,340
    Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Chamonix Alpine Equipment

    Address
    地址: 6A Nelson Street,G/F&1/F,Mongkok,Kowloon.
    九龍旺角奶路臣街6號A地下及1樓
    Tel 電話: (852) 23883626, (852) 23848190
    Fax 傳真: (852) 2770 7110
    *Mongkok MTR (Bank Centre Exit) 旺角地鐵站銀行中心出口
    Confirmed.

    There are 2 Chamonix stores near each other. The Nelson Street store has the larger selection of 5.10s upstairs.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Thank you!!


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Discovery Bay
    Posts
    5,016

    ...apologies in advance for bumping an old thread.

    Other than at Chamonix, is anyone aware any other outlet(s) selling Five Ten in HKG?

    Ever since Adidas' acquisition of Five Ten a few years ago, stock of their Camp Four series has been selling down and it's been getting predictably more difficult to find a pair in your size and preferred style.

    Lucky for me, I did manage to pick up a pair of hiking boots just last week, but had to settle for a different model. The one I wanted had a breathable upper that doesn't make your feet as warm as the regular, water-resistant pair that I picked up.

    If I can get my hands on the breathable pair, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat as it's more suited for hiking through the HK summers.


  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    ...apologies in advance for bumping an old thread.

    Other than at Chamonix, is anyone aware any other outlet(s) selling Five Ten in HKG?

    Ever since Adidas' acquisition of Five Ten a few years ago, stock of their Camp Four series has been selling down and it's been getting predictably more difficult to find a pair in your size and preferred style.

    Lucky for me, I did manage to pick up a pair of hiking boots just last week, but had to settle for a different model. The one I wanted had a breathable upper that doesn't make your feet as warm as the regular, water-resistant pair that I picked up.

    If I can get my hands on the breathable pair, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat as it's more suited for hiking through the HK summers.
    Nope, have never seen another source in HK. And since the acquisition, both the range and quality has declined dramatically. Old models have been cut, some new models are basically just crappy urban sneakers with Stealth rubber, and even some of the models that haven't been cut are noticeably worse in quality (e.g. the guide shoes).

    I now use Adidas Terrax(?) shoes as replacements, which is kind of ironic. Fine for normal trails, but not as good as Stealth for rock.

    If you do find anything that's 5.10 and breathable, please post it. I have given up on the brand.
    alexdown likes this.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,054

    Plenty of shoes with breathable uppers. I do around 100-150km per week and have never used 5-10 but have Hoka, Scott, Altra and Salomon. Just don't get anything with GTX as they are the water resistant ones. Have no problems with any of the above mentioned shoes (I did a 100 miler non stop in July heat wearing Hoka mafete 2) and they're are many stores that sell them such as gone running, action panda to name a couple.

    Dreadnought likes this.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Discovery Bay
    Posts
    5,016
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Nope, have never seen another source in HK. And since the acquisition, both the range and quality has declined dramatically. Old models have been cut, some new models are basically just crappy urban sneakers with Stealth rubber, and even some of the models that haven't been cut are noticeably worse in quality (e.g. the guide shoes).

    I now use Adidas Terrax(?) shoes as replacements, which is kind of ironic. Fine for normal trails, but not as good as Stealth for rock.

    If you do find anything that's 5.10 and breathable, please post it. I have given up on the brand.
    The terrex series seems nice, I don't think I've hiked in shoes with Continental rubber before, but it looks like the next best thing after Stealth? Dunno...

    I've seen a handful of Adidas Five Tens on adidasoutdoor.com and they've listed some under mountain biking shoes - now, I'm no mountain biker but it sure felt like I was looking at fashion shoes but what do I know. I'm just tickled seeing the mighty stealth rubber sole on a pair of street sneakers.

    I've looked beyond HKG, and sadly most sites that list 5.10 have them in an extremely limited size range, and everything else Out of Stock. Will continue to look and post here or PM if I find anything.

    Cheers.

    DN
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 23-11-2020 at 03:04 PM. Reason: forgot to quote jgl
    jgl likes this.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,108

    What’s your quality verdict of Salewa ?


  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    The terrex series seems nice, I don't think I've hiked in shoes with Continental rubber before, but it looks like the next best thing after Stealth? Dunno...

    I've seen a handful of Adidas Five Tens on adidasoutdoor.com and they've listed some under mountain biking shoes - now, I'm no mountain biker but it sure felt like I was looking at fashion shoes but what do I know. I'm just tickled seeing the mighty stealth rubber sole on a pair of street sneakers.
    The biking shoes are really good for their purpose, they make a big difference when riding with flat pedals with spikes. The downside is they are very heavy and not great as hiking shoes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Plenty of shoes with breathable uppers. I do around 100-150km per week and have never used 5-10 but have Hoka, Scott, Altra and Salomon. Just don't get anything with GTX as they are the water resistant ones. Have no problems with any of the above mentioned shoes (I did a 100 miler non stop in July heat wearing Hoka mafete 2) and they're are many stores that sell them such as gone running, action panda to name a couple.
    The 5.10s were in a totally different class of footwear, they were not designed as trail running shoes at all, they were utterly incredible approach shoes. You could do lower grade rockclimbing routes with them, you could pretty much run across a boulder field without worrying about your feet slipping.

    Closest I have seen would be stuff by Black Diamond or La Sportiva, but their rubber has never been as good, and well nigh impossible to find locally.

    Totally agree on Goretex though- that's long been a pet peeve of mine. Stupidest material ever to put into active footwear.

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast