How can i build muscle and look good

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

If you take in more calories than you need, you will gain weight. There's a good chance it will make you fat if you're taking in more than you need to gain lean muscle. That's why I suggested using it at 1/4 strength: easier on the stomach and less likely to make you fat.

I'm currently negotiating for either 10/20 lbs of Optimum Nutrition Whey or 20 lbs of Nature's Best Perfect Rx. I'm leaning towards the Perfect Rx, but I'll have to wait on the surface shipping quote before I make my decision.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 01-07-2007 at 11:59 PM.

Steroids......

Allow me to clarify.

Whole foods should be the primary source of your Calories. Weight gainers, especially the whey/casein blend variety, merely add more sugars to increase Calories per serving. Get a refund and go purchase some animal flesh.

Yes, you can be skinny yet fat if you don't match your increased Calorie intake with a consistent exercise program.

kmht, steroid cycling requires too much commitment. May I recommend synthol injections?

lol that synthol stuff is gross! Thanks for that, DDD, I knew people were injecting oils, but I didn't know the whole story. DDD's right about the weight gainers. Many of them are loaded with maltodextrin and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuremain:
    Back then when Arnold Schwarzenegger was a teenager in Austria, he had no supplements and no fitness studio with trainer etc.

Why do you keep insisting on posting pure SHIT!!!!! For once if you don't know something, stop talking out of your ass!

From Arnold's official biography: "At 14, he started an intensive training program with Kurt Marnul, studied psychology at 15 (to learn more about the power of mind over body) and at 17, officially started his competitive career."

Also, if you read Arnold's weighlifting encyclopedia he talks numerous times about not only using suppliments but also steroids.

In the future here is some advice when you think about saying something you have no knowledge about: Shut the F*** Up!

Hey guys.
    thanks for the advice.

so far i have put on about 2 pounds of muscle and fat by eating pretty much everything. My strength has definitely increased, as i can now add an extra 5-10 pounds onto the machine and do the same reps. I have also shaped up alot in the upperbody especially in my shoulders and chest.

The only probs is my thighs and calfs r hard as to build. Any one got any tips?

Richard

Yeah, do some heavy squats. I thought we covered that already deadlifts are good too.

Focus is the key. Narrow down your options. Growth Hormone and Testosterone secreations peak between 30-60 mins of focused training. Growth hormone and testosterone are anabolic in nature. These two hormones support growth and strength. When training beyond an hour these two powerful anabolic hormones teeter off and are quickly replaced with catabolic hormones which will have the opposite effect on your body. So I would advise a program of 3 compound excercises;

Warm Up! ( Jogging on treadmill / skipping) but no more than 10 mins!

Brief Stretching of 8 sec's per hold.

Primary focus
    Squats 3x8-10 reps
    Bench press "
    dead lifts "
    Secondary focus
    Bent over rows or chin-ups 3x8-10 reps
    (if you can only do 1 full chin-up, continue with mini reps movements for the remainder. Or use a chair step up and lower yourself down slowy for a count of 4 secs)

Tertiary focus
    abdominals

Cool down with longer stretches 20-30 secs. Then stand at attention and shake and rattle your body in a very loose and relax way. Feel those muscles wobble and vibrate!

NO SWIMMING ON THIS DAY KEEP CARDIO SEPARATE!

*** I am a qualified Personal Trainer- 64069643***

Last edited by pablo-66; 14-07-2007 at 03:11 PM.

Focus and Intesity is the Key. Coz there's lots more to do in life besides training...

Great work out song. KORN: "Coming Undone". Check it out on youtube.com...
    It's all in the Rhythm and tempo!

Know Your Body Type.

Just one more thing Richard. There are three main body types:
    ectomorph (long limbs and slim-hard gainer! Eats loads, trains for hours but still remains slim),

endomorph(heavy build and strong but can gain weight easily),

mesomorph (Can build muscle easily and remain lean e.g. ARNOLD). Which one are you?

You knowing the answer is important to your future success in building a bigger, stronger, healthier body.

Once you know. You can use training and eating strategies esp. for your body type!

*Qualified Personal Trainer*

Last edited by pablo-66; 14-07-2007 at 03:44 PM.