Like Tree3Likes

California Fitness - New Branch - Central / L Place (next to The Centre)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Darn. That new location is awful for me. The other one was walking distance.

Fitness first, california fitness and pure fitness in central / sheung wan will be about 2 minutes walk from each other.

I think HK has just created its first "fitness hub".

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Fitness first, california fitness and pure fitness in central / sheung wan will be about 2 minutes walk from each other.

which is just dumb, since many people's top criteria for choosing a gym is location (near work or near home) and work and home are all over the place....

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    which is just dumb, since many people's top criteria for choosing a gym is location (near work or near home) and work and home are all over the place....
    well its cause all the cool kids now live around sheung wan.

all they need to do is open up a paisano's next to all of them.
    luckycat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:

Just like the 7-11 hubs and bakery hubs and bar hubs and sneaker hubs, etc, etc. Strange mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Just like the 7-11 hubs and bakery hubs and bar hubs and sneaker hubs, etc, etc. Strange mentality.
    Not really. HK strives to be the hub of hubs.

That is what HK's new slogan should be:

"Hong Kong, Asia's hub of hubs".
    Char Siu King likes this.

Anyone been to the new Central gym? How do you like it?

I was taking a look yesterday. Worse than anticipated. How about you guys ?

In what way was it worse?

Last edited by Satay Sue; 25-09-2011 at 02:48 PM.

It is the inconvenience brought to members. Reception and towel collection all on 16fl. 11fl to 15fl are for cardio, weight and changing room. When you are done, you need to go up to 16fl to return towels. Quite a hassle to go up and down.

You can take escalators, which is activated by an access card. I see that most members take stairs rather than waiting.

It is the changing room which I find better than before. Check it out and see if you like it

Quote Originally Posted by work2live:
    It is the inconvenience brought to members. Reception and towel collection all on 16fl. 11fl to 15fl are for cardio, weight and changing room. When you are done, you need to go up to 16fl to return towels. Quite a hassle to go up and down.

You can take escalators, which is activated by an access card. I see that most members take stairs rather than waiting.

It is the changing room which I find better than before. Check it out and see if you like it
    Oh no, it was bad enough before. So do the new changing rooms have sauna etc? Wellington St didn't but Wan Chai has. Go on, I'd rather be forewarned!