Good physiotherapist

Good physiotherapist

Can anyone recommend me a good, not too expensive, English speaking physiotherapist? Preferably around Causeway Bay but anywhere within a few MTR stops would also be good.

Thanks

hi slug,

Is the range from $400 - $600 acceptable? Two physiotherapists I visited for my knee pain and both of them are very professional.

Both of them are in Central rather than CWB:

Faulkner (in central near wynham street) tel: 28014801
    Luck Li (in central queen's road) tel: 28992280

Eddie at Byrne and Hickman (Duddle St Central) is also good. I think it was 500-600. Canadian Chinese, so his English is native.

http://www.byrne-hickman.com/htm/index.htm

Thanks, I'll check them out, although at first glance they seem a tad expensive as I've found that the price you get quoted for a consultation goes up rapidly when you have more than one injury that needs attention...

Quote Originally Posted by slug:
    Thanks, I'll check them out, although at first glance they seem a tad expensive as I've found that the price you get quoted for a consultation goes up rapidly when you have more than one injury that needs attention...
    I've had more than one injury looked at during a session.

Depends on how much work needs to be done in each area. If it's a lot, then one session isn't going to be enough.

Hi, I'm adding a comment to this thread after experiencing the best physiotherapy ever! My wife & I have both worked with physios for sports injuries, etc. overseas and yet were so impressed with Sharon who runs the S.O.S. Physiotherapy Centre in Sheung Wan (near Central). Ph: 2543-3218, 6/F Shum Tower, 268 Des Voeux Rd Central. Sharon speaks excellent English and really knows her stuff. She can read the tissue with her fingers as well as her eyes. Sessions ranged from 60-90 mins and cost HK$300-400. (!!)
    My wife dislocated her ankle on the infamously slippery shiny Hong Kong steps. She's had surgery, plates inserted and extensive physio with Sharon. She's made a faster than usual recovery, due to her determination and Sharon's ability to use multiple ways to increase the circulation around the injury site and coach my wife on movement and support. We've been very impressed. A great resource.

Last edited by Paul7; 16-01-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Still good

We went back to see Sharen, as Helen was experiencing more pain again, 8 months after her fracture. We had the option of going back to the surgeon, but he was great at the surgery but not the after care. The next solution he had was surgery to remove the hardware (8 screws, wire and plate!). Sharen surprised us again with her spot on analysis and treatment. She identified that Helen needed exercises to strengthen her calf and better choice of shoes to provide more stability to the heel as the front of the foot was compensating too much. Once the calf was strengthened she's going to be able to return to wearing whatever shoes she wants. Very pleased.