Like Tree54Likes

Social game of football

Closed Thread
Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 ... LastLast

Only 3 of us here and no locals so leaving in 5

Furthermore if you put your name down (or somebody elses name in dippers case) please make the effort to actually turn up as three of us had a wasted journey tonight and wasted evening in the case of JJ and his son as they have an hour commute either way!

Ok, that was probably my fault, we have a whatsapp group and some people contact mainly through that so I have taken to updating the forum list with people who say that they're coming on whatsapp in order to keep the two groups synced so Joe was probably not aware that he was on the forum list. I shall refrain from doing so in future.

I wouldnt say it was your fault mate if joe told you he was going and didn't turn up theres not much you can do. To be fair, if there had been some locals there it wouldnt have mattered as we could have had a game but for some strange reason there were none tonight (other than a couple of under 10s)

Sorry about that - i told people on whatsapp and email but forgot about this thread.

My bad.

Oh and re the lack of locals. Mrs JJ informs me it was some kind of 'ghost festival' yesterday, whereby it is traditional to burn things to get rid of ghosts.

It seems that a) the locals were busy trying to get rid of ghosts and b) most of us 'ghosts' duly obliged.

I would have thought the opportunity of burning out a few gweilos on the football pitch would have seen an increase in locals but hey ho.

The Friday Football Hong Kong Tour

Since we seem to have built up a core of players (last week's debacle excepted) and we sometimes spend more time waiting to play than playing so we've started to try to get pitches booked. As part of this we will be visiting different pitches so if there is a pitch in your area and you want to book it for a Friday game please go ahead and put it up for a Friday.

Upcoming games we have booked so far:

Friday 7th Tin Chiu Street, North Point, 7pm - 9pm (booked by Luckycat)
    Friday 14th Kik Yeung St 5-a-side pitch, Yuen Long - Long Ping MTR, 7pm - 9pm (booked by justjoe)
    Friday 21st Kik Yeung St 5-a-side pitch, Yuen Long - Long Ping MTR, 7pm - 9pm (booked by justjoe)

Whats the commute time from Causeway Bay to Yuen Long? I'll probably have to give those a miss.

What are the locals going to say about having the court booked? haha

Edit - by the way I can't make this week either unfortunately.

commute time is about 45-50 mins from causeway bay to long ping.

BTW it looks certain we will have enough players for 5aside on the 14th , plenty of interest from expats living up in the area, so should be fun!

Last edited by justjoe86; 04-09-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 ... LastLast