Like Tree5Likes

Fitness first - any good and approximate membership fees?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Hi guys, giving this thread a bump. Could anyone who's recently joined Fitness First (any time in the last year or so I suppose) give me an update on:

- Prices on 4 clubs (no platinum) on a 12 month contract; and
    - Recommendations for a good consultant? I just want someone who will sign my partner up without fuss or pressure, it'll be the easiest sale they'll make.

Thanks heaps.

Just giving this a bump re: the above, thanks.

I have found that no gym's ever tend to serve your interest. Clear a little space at home, buy a small set of dumbbells. There are some excellent online as well as dvd programs. All that is needed is a little self motivation. Get fit yourself, lose weight in the kitchen! PM me if you want any leads on online or DVD programs.

Quote Originally Posted by ebayhtl:
    Hi guys, giving this thread a bump. Could anyone who's recently joined Fitness First (any time in the last year or so I suppose) give me an update on:

- Prices on 4 clubs (no platinum) on a 12 month contract; and
    I signed up for HK$468/month on a 24 month contract just over a year ago. They increased their rates in March 2013 and also a 12 month contract would be a bit more expensive than a 24 month contract.

Their consultants are OK-ish, not like CalFitness, and their offers seem to be more company driven than consultant driven. So I guess you can talk to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    TST & Mongkok are Gay clubs and the male changing rooms and showers are full of agressive gay males who bother members, enter occupied showers and some offer oral sex for cash. The TST manager insists that expats get the wrong idea when the see 2 - 3 Chinese males use a single shower stall. They are supposedly just trying to save water & the environment
    Oh my god, you make me laugh and cough at the same time.

Thumbs down Fitness First PT: lack of professionalism

Everytime you book a personal training session, you get a reminder and you have to input the password again in system after your training is finished. Trainers also know they just cant skip after booking someone
    Oh, but they can skip it and they do it quite frequently; some of them - at least!
    They cancel last minute or just not show up at all; and with me having some time for myself now, it is the PT himself who choosed the program. Go figure!

So there you are, warming up for your 600 hkd/hour PT session and he or she (tried both genders, it makes no difference) doesn't show up; you wait for 5/10 minutes, then ask around, they are friendly enough to make some phone calls and come back to you with "he cannot make it".
    While I'm never late on my payments!
    And no, I'm not the only one, shared same experience with some ladies on the way to the shower rooms (btw, is Grand Millennium Plaza).

I'm sick and tired and cannot wait to finish...

Sadly, I have found most of the gyms, appear focused on their sole purpose. Fulfilling their own business mission, camouflaged as healthcare. None have anyone but their own interests at heart. The last thing they want is, for all their hard sold members to turn up and train. It would be chaos. Buy yourself a yoga mat and a few weights, clear a space and start, with a light warm up and stretch.

Cool Fitness Techniques

Here is my Techniques, and it means, if you follow, you can save time, and get a workout without changing your Daily Routine.....
    Call it the cyber Method.....
    When walking between specific Daily points, for example, you might walk between the buss and MTR, or between MTR's like Central to Tung Chung Train.
    As you Walk, clench your Stomach muscles, tight as you can for the whole walk, start small, and remember where you did it up to, once you can do it for the whole distances, keep doing it, make it a habit.
    When sat at the desk, clench shoulder muscles, like pulling your shoulders together, you can do this while typing at the keyboard.
    sometimes you get numb in you ass when sitting for a long time, clench each buttock in turn, like beating a drum, better, do it to music from your ipod of phone.

Important thing is you need to keep doing it, the only way to loos weight and keep it lost is to change your habits. Cycle your diets, and Avoid Laziness. Like a day of work, instead of sleeping in, try to get up, go out for a drive, Walk what ever. when you get back, you will have energy to do something constructive.
    I like to play Video Games, so my Wii has the dance mat, its good to pull it out daily, and challenge your scores, or even family scores.

Find something you enjoy that makes you tired, and keep doing it. Diving? Horse Riding? Walking? Bicycle?
    Forget the Gym, I go to Fitness First, and tell them I want a Monthly subscription, without a year plan, they say no, I walk out. If every one tries this, they may decide to change their policy because they are losing business.

Some friendly advice and suggestions here, stuff that works fro me, and makes sense.

enjoy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4