HK 7's childfriendly?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

While there are many children there, it is not always the best atmosphere for them. My experience has been with parents getting pissed while their children ramble unsupervised among the drunker of the patrons. I suspect from your question, that you would not be one of those parents. I would say that, if you stick to the alcohol free zones, it would be a different experience.

The alcohol-free zones are not, of course, alcohol-free. They simply have people in them who are still sober enough to decant beer into cups that say "Coke" on them!

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The alcohol-free zones are not, of course, alcohol-free. They simply have people in them who are still sober enough to decant beer into cups that say "Coke" on them!
    Or transport 2 jugs in a backpack undetected

The alcohol free areas are fine, less druckards by a long shot.

Never been and never want to go. The Corporate 7s at Stanley Fort are much more better for kids.

Bring the kids every year since born.
    Now 5 and 7, so playing on Fri and in parade on Sunday.

They seem to enjoy it - face painting in West Stand, school bands in east stand, junk food and drinks (don't get that often and adults all indulging...), other kids from team there, spot the fancy dress characters, little bit of watching the rugby, photos with teams/players etc.

Plenty to keep them amused.

Used to do one day as family as they do seem to get bored if try to do whole weekend but their commitments now are changing that to 2 days.

It will work if you want it to, but it is a bit of a handbrake on you...

Just wanted to update for later viewers of this thread.

The executive suite level was basically a daycare center on Sunday. I was in about a half dozen suites and nearly every one was about 1/3 kids. The upper 300's level was filled with teens too, though a few of them were working hard on getting plastered despite the 18-year-old age limit.

For those who come to this thread later, I'd say there are parts where you can take your kids, and there are parts where you definitely wouldn't take your kids. While the 300 level is alcohol free in the seats, just getting up there is basically like walking through a pub, so you'll have to deal with that.

Getting them to sit through a day or multiple hours of rugby might be another story however.