Can I Import Supplements Into Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Netrition.com - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

may be of use in the future. Very fast and reliable delivery.

If "vitamin", you need import license. If "supplement" you dont' need it. *shrug*

Last edited by Creative83; 27-01-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    If "vitamin", you need import license. If "supplement" you dont' need it. *shrug*
    You don't need an import license to import suppliments. However you need to have an understanding of the regulations of what is restricted and what labelling requirements are needed to be able to self in HK.

Virago. Have you sold this stuff before?

Quote Originally Posted by AJ9:
    Let me know if this is successful for you, as I've been wanting to import supplements myself. Can't imagine any legislation that would prohibit it, but you never know with diary products - it's grey area for a lot of countries for some bizarre reason.
    If you import from a country that has strong quarentine regulations and you obtain the certificate of origin and health certificate is quite easy. However selling it is another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Virago. Have you sold this stuff before?
    How can you tell? Yes, imported both supplements and diary based powders.

HK is a pretty easy port and with minimal import duties.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ9:
    Let me know if this is successful for you, as I've been wanting to import supplements myself. Can't imagine any legislation that would prohibit it, but you never know with diary products - it's grey area for a lot of countries for some bizarre reason.
    have ordered stuff from bb.com a number of times. they shipped my stuff direct to hk without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Whey protein powder currently goes from a source in China to the usa who give it some fancy branding. it is then imported into HK and stacked on the shelves at extortionate prices. Quite a round trip.
    Last time I checked one of the leading brands for at least 10 or 20 years (Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard) said 'manufactured in the USA' on the packing. Is this just another loophole of the FDA labeling regs?

Same for baby milk powder by the way, everybody here in HK could get the Chinese stuff, but no we want the one imported from overseas because we don't trust anything coming from China. The mainlanders who come to HK snatching milk powder stock would agree too. The price for milk powder in HK is about two or three times the price I pay back in Europe, in a small high priced + 20% VAT country (don't tell me that's the shipping cost or higher rent).

Years before the Chinese milk scandal I read somewhere that Chinese protein powder was diluted with melamine to fake a higher protein content. When I read that first I thought that was some BS, but I have been proven wrong a few years later.
    Last edited by 100LL; 28-01-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueagles:
    have ordered stuff from bb.com a number of times. they shipped my stuff direct to hk without any problems.
    Same here.

To be honest 100LL I don't know for a fact it goes from China to usa but that's what someone told me and I'm sure they could still get away with putting 'made in usa' especially if it's mixed with something.

I know what you mean about China though. What was it about 'tofu' houses made of hollow bricks or something?! That's why I wouldn't know where to start - would need someone to snort a line of protein and confirm it's the real deal!