Can I Import Supplements Into Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Unlike you Gritty, I dont need any pills to function
    I thought I had seen a new Gritty but it seems you are the same old ass you always were. Good to know and I'll remember it for the future.
    HAND

Original Post Deleted
    Yes there are. There isn't any regulations in HK about Health Supplements like in many western countries so claims are against regulations. The regulations are for Food and Medicine, nothing inbetween. There is Chinese Medicine but that is not applicable to many import items.

This is one reason why supplements have problems in HK because to bring into HK and still have the claims they need to have clinical studies such as double blind clinical trials, just like in medical clinical trials. For supplements generally don't have clinical trials, goes without saying.

That explains it then. I bought canola spray to cook my oatmeal pancakes with and most of the claims on the can had been crossed out with a black marker pen.

No I shipped like 6tubs of protein from uk to hk no problem but on the label thingy I labelled my contents: shoes instead of whey protein lol

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemint:
    No I shipped like 6tubs of protein from uk to hk no problem but on the label thingy I labelled my contents: shoes instead of whey protein lol
    Why? ...........

Why I labelled it as shoes or why did I ship protein from uk?

Speaking of whey has anyone tried the gmc stuff at mannings ... Any good?

I was warned off GMC by my trainer in Singapore. Not reputable according to him.

I meant gnc but i can't find other brands that sell whey in hk. Tbh I wanna get that maximuscle promax stuff from uk but shipping is kinda expensive

GNC is expensive in HK. They had a discount card a few years ago (where you can get 10% off when you buy during the first 7 days of the months), but you'd still pay a lot less if you'd buy from the states (ie. bb.com) including international UPS shipping cost.

Other than that, there products are probably no different than other brands. I've tried their chocolate and vanilla flavor, and yes, I can confirm, it looks smells and tastes like protein powder.

Last edited by 100LL; 30-01-2012 at 06:21 PM.