Like Tree3Likes

Where to train thai/kickboxing in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by breakitdown:
    Ive been to a few places in HK... the best value for money i find is Versus - 550HKD per month x 5 times a week. If you make the lunch classes it's never really more than 4 or 5 people in the class - ive even been the only one a couple of times so it was 1 on 1 with the trainer.

Impakt etc are usually busy classes and i didn't feel i got much attention from the trainers so i wasn't learning much.
    I'll definitely consider Versus, and check it out once I arrive in HK. 550HKD for all access kickboxing is quite a difference compared to the others I've considered. How do you find the atmosphere in the club then?

Sad to hear Impakt didn't deliver in that regard. I'll still check them out as they were one of the places that really stood out when I researched, and I had high expectations to their service.

Keep those comments coming!

Yeah ,

Good classes and a nice team working there - good atmosphere.

The thing about Impakt is it's so busy you will spend your whole class paired up with another beginner with the trainer walking around watching - so really no one is going to teach you much - it just felt like a good work out. You could get a 1 on 1 coach there but it's quite pricey.

At versus lunch classes you will nearly always get 1 round with the trainer. Also something else i never saw at Impakt is Versus are doing a small group trip to train in Thailand.

Don't get me wrong - Impakt has some great facilities and very good trainers - i just felt a bit let down by the class sizes, the trainer attention and the cost. I feel i get more out of the time at Versus.

Saying that there are loads of Muay Thai gyms in HK - particularly around CWB and Wan Chai - so it's worth trying out the free class at as many as possible and see what you come up with.

new Muaythai gym nr Central

think the new gym is called EPIC. Will have 2 of the Challenger Muaythai fighters (AXN show) working there plus 2 Thai's. Opens in March.

Hi,

Sorry for bumping this thread again, I was just wondering, how did you find the group classes at Abira?

Thanks,

Max