Like Tree67Likes

What the heck is going on with kids these day?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Wow, after looking at that video that was poor behaviour by everyone involved it seemed.

Seems no actual consideration for the kid who had his face kicked in.

The so called "adults" were more concerned about who was on the pitch and who wasn't, rather than attending to the kid.
    It's the same thing with bantam hockey in Canada-the parents only care about who will win or lose so their kid can get on the lucrative NHL career train. They pressure the coaches who in turn pressure the kids to perform-whatever the cost. The parents at that point stop acting like parents, or adults for that matter, and become a crazed babarian. I've seen that time and again across the hockey rinks.

It's a puzzling incident in this case in HK, since a lucrative football career isn't really an option, unlike in the UK or Europe, so there should'nt be a need for such kind of dirty tricks. Then again, since it's an expat kid, maybe his parents think he will be signing up with a Premier League club soon...
    Last edited by Watercooler; 12-03-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Parents of aggressive child knows perfectly well the child will get in trouble doing just anything.

Get 2 aggressive children on opposing team and you'll see fist fight every time. It's not about soccer anymore, but who's dominating who.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    you are making all these conclusions and recommendations from a badly edited video? (apparently the video was edited and put up by a kitchee parent). Looked to me like he was in a bit of shock, and maybe he did apologise afterwards. but then I don't know as i wasn't there.

there isn't a cat in hell's chance that he did that on purpose. watch it again. the esf kid was kicking at the ball and the kid on the floor knocked the ball forward with his right shin. the esf kid then did what is known as a freshie (kicked fresh air). Just bad luck that someone else's face got on the way. nasty, but pure accident.

but of course these facts won't fit in well with the moral outrage on here
    We are watching the same badly edited video......

Quote Originally Posted by dtb:
    We are watching the same badly edited video......
    yes, but I am looking at what actually happened rather than jumping to conclusions based on what might have happened.

like I say, watch it again. they even slowed it down for you. the kitchee kid moves the ball with his shin, leading to the unfortunate incident.

it is the parents who should be criticised here for running on pitch and chasing an 11 year old, not some kid.

talk of him being prosecuted

this forum

yes, but I am looking at what actually happened rather than jumping to conclusions based on what might have happened.:
    It's kind of interesting you say that. If we simply look at the hard facts and avoid any interpretations, it's quite simple. He kicked a kid in the face. Nothing more, nothing less. I've actually never been involved in a sports program where they judge "intent" when a foul is committed. It is usually black or white. No excuses. As such, the kid is out and will face some kind of disciplinary action.

--------

In all, I'm more concerned about the leveling of coaching, parenting and refereeing. Dirty fouls are inherent in virtually every sport. Can't really get around it. For kids, it's the job of the refs and coaches to control it. They failed on all ends here. Once again, it's quite simple. Did the situation get out of hand? Yes. No excuses.

There's no doubt that the kid who kicked the other in the face should have been ejected and at the very least suspended for a number of matches and possibly for the season. Just by the fact he showed no remorse and made no immediate effort to apologize.

However it's a little hysterical to call for charges, police investigation and so forth. It is no really possible to judge for the video if it was intentional, it could have been but it's not clear cut. What is obvious is his behavior afterwards which is a large part of the problem. Obviously the adults lost it but looking at some of the hysteria here and knowing parents and coaches, it's not surprising. If it was my kid or I was coaching the team, I would have been on the field checking on him first and then asking some questions.

Creative83 likes this.

nothing like a bit of over reaction to end my monday

f*ck it, ban the kid. he is evil personified. he did not even try and apologise. must be a law somewhere we can hit him with. I hope he is banned from football for life, expelled from school, hit with a lengthy jail sentence - in an adult jail; how else will he learn his lesson - and then kicked out of HK on his release.

then he just might think again before doing this kind of thing again

Quote Originally Posted by nlsk:
    It's kind of interesting you say that. If we simply look at the hard facts and avoid any interpretations, it's quite simple. He kicked a kid in the face. Nothing more, nothing less. I've actually never been involved in a sports program where they judge "intent" when a foul is committed. It is usually black or white. No excuses. As such, the kid is out and will face some kind of disciplinary action.
    do you discipline kids for unintentional handball?

nothing like a bit of over reaction to end my monday...
    Yea, talk about pot & kettle and over-reaction.
    One mention of investigation and you go off the deep end assuming a public lynching...
    Dreadnought likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast