Any Archers out there?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any Archers out there?

It's been a long while since I've done any shooting (2 years since I was shooting target recurve) but i'd like to try to get back into it...but from the little research i've done so far, it's a pain in the balls to do it here. Apparently:

1. Get a coach
    2. have said coach sponsor you in joining the HKAA
    3. Find range and pay membership fee for use
    4. bring aforementioned coach with you to range in order to shoot

i may be misunderstanding the process, so please let me know if i'm wrong and you can just go out and shoot. Failing that, anyone want to get lessons with me?

Hey,

I don't know anything about Archery in Hong Kong, but I definitely be interested in doing some lessons with you. My sisters back home have been talking non-stop about the Hunger Games, and it looks like they're going to start some lessons. So I don't mind learning a thing or two before heading home.

Quote Originally Posted by LBondC7:
    ... from the little research i've done so far, it's a pain in the balls to do it here.
    I think you're probably just holding the bow incorrectly. Try extending your bow arm a little more to prevent the bowstring from fouling your testicles.

I've seen some shooting at south side on Wong Chuk Hang. But it seemed to be a one-day event as opposed to a regular event.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    I think you're probably just holding the bow incorrectly. Try extending your bow arm a little more to prevent the bowstring from fouling your testicles.
    There's nothing foul about my testicles

@kproctor: I haven't found anything all that convenient for me yet, but I'll report back if I do. For now, I'll just be shooting in a friend's dance studio after hours. Hrm...wonder if that's legal here in hk...

@LBondC7: hahaha, well that's one way to do it! Let me know if you find classes or if you're willing to teach a beginner!

Archery's a lot of fun and I'd absolutely love to get into it: I spent several hours at one of the local govt. youth camps shooting arrows on a school field trip. I looked into signing up with the HKAA, but I missed the deadline at the time.

I pretty much like shooting anything, whether it is pistols, shotguns, air rifles, slingshots or archery.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 28-03-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Hihi, we are doing a bite of research on that too. Did anyone of you finally found out some more information on having an archery lesson here in HK and where to go to if just want to shoot a few arrows? I try browsing through the web but it does seems to be a pain to try to do it in Hong Kong.

The HK Federation of Trade Unions runs archery classes. I did their beginner course many years ago held near Wah Fu. Here is their list of courses:

www.hkftustsc.org/chtm/c-i006.htm

scroll down to 3157 for the archery classes.

Thanks for the link bugaboo. Im not sure why the page detailed though since it all wasnt in English. Anyone to translate?

Im another archer enthusiast. Did a class in college I absolutely loved, and I really want to get back into it. Jut moved to Tai Wai with my fiancé from the states. He is the expat, and I have a lot of free time on my hands :P

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast