Like Tree13Likes

Leisure and Cultural Services Department Fitness Rooms

Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Do you understand that the Government's fitness rooms are basic? That you'll have to wait to use the machines because, in most cases, there's only one of each?
    I have never really seen a queue and on a lot of basics (treadmill, rower, etc.) there are at least two of each.

  2. #42

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,025

    The LCSD does have some very nice gym facilities. I was at a newer one in Fanling (or maybe it was in Sheung Shui) and it was very impressive. A lot nicer than the private clubs I go to..

    That being said this LCSD gym was very busy and packed with people. You had to wait to use some of the equipment and the running track felt like you were in Pamplona. So as nice as the facilities are, I would never go back. I don't have time to wait in line for equipment while I at the gym.

    dossier likes this.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    How about University facilities? I've heard of people getting a community membership for Stanley Ho fitness centre HKU. Room looks pretty good and there is a pool etc.
    Thanks for this - is this accessible to the public? Stanley Ho Sports Centre Complex

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Posts
    14,636
    Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    Thanks for this - is this accessible to the public? Stanley Ho Sports Centre Complex
    Types of membership:

    Membership Categories

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    The LCSD does have some very nice gym facilities. I was at a newer one in Fanling (or maybe it was in Sheung Shui) and it was very impressive. A lot nicer than the private clubs I go to..

    That being said this LCSD gym was very busy and packed with people. You had to wait to use some of the equipment and the running track felt like you were in Pamplona. So as nice as the facilities are, I would never go back. I don't have time to wait in line for equipment while I at the gym.
    Thanks - I guess it depends on the area. The LCSD Fitness rooms in Lantau Island are relatively quiet. Sun Yat Sen seemed reasonable too, although a bit aging in facilities (which seemed odd, as I thought the whole complex was renovated in 2011).

  6. #46

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,025
    Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    Thanks - I guess it depends on the area. The LCSD Fitness rooms in Lantau Island are relatively quiet. Sun Yat Sen seemed reasonable too, although a bit aging in facilities (which seemed odd, as I thought the whole complex was renovated in 2011).
    Sure, it would make sense the ones in Lantau are a bit quieter than say Yuen Long or Sheung Shui.....

    Same thing goes for the LCSD swimming pools in HK, many of them are very nice, just more crowded than a private pool.

Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5