Like Tree13Likes

Leisure and Cultural Services Department Fitness Rooms

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Leisure and Cultural Services Department Fitness Rooms

I probably will not be here long enough to justify getting a private membership nor is it value to me to pay the 150 HKD drop-in single visit rate at a certain place on Nathan near Argyle so I thought I would try the fitness rooms.

Do I need HK ID to use the fitness room? The website says I might need the

LCSD Fitness Gold Card; or Holders of equivalent qualifications recognized by the Physical Fitness Association
    Can anybody buy a LCSD Fitness Gold Card? I don't know the names of the neighbourhoods so perhaps somebody could please tell me the closest LCSD fitness room. I am located at Waterloo Road near Argile.

Locations list:
    http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/lschemes/rufr/en/rooms.php

Thanks.
    Last edited by br111an; 23-03-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Fat Kwong Street is closest to you on Gd Shepherd St...you apply for the card at the centre (maybe online now as well at lcsd website); do a short training course to prove you're not a danger to others in the centre and away you go...though i dont recall paying for the card and i didnt have to do the course either...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GeoClicks Mobile

shri and br111an like this.

According to the conditions of use:
    http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/condition/en/index.html#4

a passport is sufficient id

br111an likes this.

They didn't let me use the gym because there might be training classes to be taken first and I'd have to pass an exam.

Yes you need to pass the training class on how to use the equipment etc etc and the cue for that training is very long thats why I didnt bother as well, I heard the gyms are mostly empty but with out that training class, you cant use it.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Yes you need to pass the training class on how to use the equipment etc etc and the cue for that training is very long thats why I didnt bother as well, I heard the gyms are mostly empty but with out that training class, you cant use it.
    i must have had a sympathetic attendant then...or it was the gweilo factor...in any case, i spent 30 sec demo-ing each machine at Island East in front of the "instructor"...1 week later I had my card...
    YMMV

Yes, the training class prevented me from applying and using these facilities as well. The only times available seemed to be mornings or afternoons, which of course, are the same times I'm suppose to be at work. But then again, I'm at work right now and also on geoexpat...

The "Briefing on proper use of fitness equipment" courses are at different locations and different times. You can also just show up and if they have any dropouts you are in luck.

I took the one in Mui Wo because there were spots available and there was a very short waiting time. The further out it is, the better your chances to get in is my guess.

How to register to use the fitness room of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD)?

If you click on this link:
    http://ballot.lcsd.gov.hk/list.cfm?lang=en&type=crsp

Select the briefing in the activity type, then May, and now hit search. You'll see that there are still many places left in the quota at many different locations.

It's a pain in the neck and the briefing is not very useful for people with a brain, but if you want to use these LCSD gyms you'll have to do it.

Most of these briefings are on Saturday or Sunday. Not sure what the previous poster was on about with them being during work hours.

Last edited by 100LL; 03-04-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    dossier and dear giant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:

Most of these briefings are on Saturday or Sunday. Not sure what the previous poster was on about with them being during work hours.
    Sorry, I work 6 day weeks, irregular hours, so my work hours may not reflect on the majority of you.

Can anyone tell me what they think is the best LCSD Fitness Room out of all of them? (in terms of new-ness, facilities, size etc.)?

Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast