Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By erin320

Kids Sports in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Kids Sports in Hong Kong

My company has asked if I am interested in taking a three year delegation to Hong Kong. One concern is that my sons (13 and 10) are heavily involved in American football, basketball and baseball. By the time they return to school in the States my oldest will be a sophomore in HS and I want him to be able to get back into those sports.

What, if any, organized sports would my sons be able to get involved in? Are their clubs where they can continue to play American football, basketball and baseball?

Thanks for your help!

baseball is non-existant as is american football... they WOULD be able to play rugby, though, which they may enjoy. basketballl is all over the place.

that said, i could be wrong. perhaps the american club has american football?

part of the fun of relocating overseas is getting to know new cultures. you cannot try to recreate your current lifestyle here. what's the point of coming 1/2 way around the world if you do that?

while your kids may miss out on some american things, they may just find other things to fill their time...

rugby
    kung fu/lion dancing etc (absolutely nothing girlie about that!)
    cricket
    soccer/football
    sailing
    dragonboat racing

There is baseball here. Have met a few kids who play andthere are tournaments on Sat.

really? In my 17 years here, i've never heard of any baseball anywhere! where is it? i wouldn't mind my kids playing... that or softball.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    what's the point of coming 1/2 way around the world if you do that?
    To keep his job...
    carang likes this.