Like Tree5Likes

Physical Fitness gym (Central)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jay13sz:
    Was given $350/pm on 24 months + 1 free month. Unlimited towels. But they tried to do high pressure sales, saying if I didn't register today, I would have to pay $1000 registration fee. They also tried to do bait and switch, said punching bag was free to use, but after I signed contract, they said I had to pay 600 per $1 hour session to use it. Careful with their sales tactics, not customer friendly at all - had to argue with the salesperson and the manager for at least an hour to reverse their bait and switch.
    Interesting, I just went today and signed on $350 on 12 months contract, no towels just any gym. I just Central always so doesn't affect me. They did tell me if i join the new Wan chai one in jan 2013 it would be $230 for 12 months, in the meantime i could use free 5 months Central but just doesn't make sense

Hello, just joined this forum, sorry for being late but i will put my input for Club Physical. I belong to Mong Kok one have been there for about 2 years, started when it was strictly VIP, then they changed to who ever can come, now it's fricken packed! have seen guys fighting over a machine before, verbal fights and push and shove. The PT staff are exactly the same as anywhere else, some are juiced up and some skinny as hell and trying to push there crap on you. They pretty much leave me alone because I'm pushing weights they obviously cannot lift in there lifetime. Coming from a Personal training and customer service background, I would say don't get PT training in HK, my wife has had a PT in the past, one from Tsuen Wan, he was good, got her results but he actually pushed her too hard and some exercises very dangerous to her lower back.

Just joined the 60days $120 Groupon deal and am not disappointed(so far). The gym is clean, not busy and no harassment from PT's(yet). Having my headphones on and looking like I know what I'm doing may help. So far in the evenings there are plenty of machines/weights/benches to use without waiting. Comparing with FF which I took a tour of, I feel PF has better facilities(newer, cleaner) than FF at 1/2 the cost.

I do have to mention the super hard sell by 2 different sales + 1 PT when I went to redeem my groupon.

Physical is opening in Aberdeen. The salesman said membership will be $350/mth.

It was 2 years ago, but is got 24 months for $240/mth. Mind you, I was renewing after going there a year and half already.
    I wonder when the Wanchai one will be open -I hear end of Dec. Great, that way I can still use the last 2 months on my Physical membership there until Cali opens their new one in Wanchai (that is, if they ever will...)

I just signed up recently and got 3 yrs and 1 month for $300 HK/mo. Includes all gym access and towel service.

Very happy with the price, nearly all gyms I have been to have been revamped or is brand new and looks terrific. The Causewaybay with new equipment actually smells like a new BMW a little because of the leather on the machines and equipment! Everything is very clean and new. My sales guy was a pleasure to deal with. Gave me about $1500 worth of coupons and a free gym bag which i needed. He was also former CA Fitness employee.

Also price wont go up if i want to rejoin after my 3 yrs. However after my 2nd renewal, they will have the right to raise prices.

Physical was recently dumped alot of cash by a Chinese investor, expect alot of new gyms to open and very competative prices.

Last edited by cbformula; 21-11-2012 at 01:39 AM.

If I had my time over again, I'd never give them my real mobile number..phone constantly rings trying to get more business out of us.

Sent from my HTC One X using GeoClicks Mobile

I haven't sat through the presentation yet, but I did ask another woman who did. This was at Aberdeen location and they offered her the same $300/mth. She said Causeway Bay is cheaper. I think she said (as my Cantonese isn't that great) that in CWB, you pay for 2 months and the 3rd month is free or you pay for 2 yrs and the 3rd year is free Also, $300 for 3 yr committment

My wife just re-signed for 3 yrs at $300 with towels at CWB. I tried for a better deal but they were firm. Good to know it seems a legit quote.

Yeah, I was wondering why Physical suddenly have expanded so much. Cash injection, huh.

The new CWB one is nice and new, though I find it's a little annoying most of the new machines use plates, yet they have very few freeweight benches. What's the point of having a machine with plates?

Does a Physical membership entitle you to use all their facilities?

In particular I'd like to use both the Shatin and the Central locations.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast