Like Tree5Likes

Physical Fitness gym (Central)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Yes, obviously one way would be to free-trial severals gyms e.g. Fitness first, physical, california etc. but my perception is that the sales people can be quite annoying and I think it would be a hassle to continually switch gym to gym. Another way is to buy a pass. I know YMCA has one for short-term stayers. Not sure about other places that provide this service. You get access to other facilities e.g. gym, swimming pool, jacuzzi. Their website is http://www.ymcahk.org.hk/FW/membership.htm. Hope this helps.

I would suggest people here who is seeking for gym membership to have a search and look at these gym websites in Hong Kong. Websites does give you some indication of the quality of the gyms services. the more expensive the gym membership it is, the better the quality these websites are.

I bought the $99 Groupon trial for the Aberdeen branch, and did a few classes this weekend. It was good fun. Anyone joined Aberdeen recently and can share how much they paid to join. Thx

For those who are planning or interested in join one of the big chain Gym in Hong Kong (ex. Physical, California), please be very careful about the followings:

1.) Make sure you carefully read the contract before signing, especially the contracts terms and price per months. There are enough horror stories of people unknowingly signed a contracts with expansive personal training classes attached.

2.) I would not suggest paying anything with credit card, if you could pay upfront with Cash.

3.) Even if you are not planning to pay with credit card, I suggest that you do not bring it with you.

4.) Do not fall for their sales tactics.

- "If you do not sign up today, there will be a $1,000 admin fee"
    Bullshit: The 1,000 admin fee is there for the sole purpose creating fake deals.

- "If you do not sign up today, we will not be able to offer this LOW price anymore"
    Bullshit: Do not get pressured, take your time to consider your options.

- "We are currently have a crazy promotion, after that we will increase our price."
    Mother of bullshit, I have been receiving phone calls from Physical telling me the same thing for the past 6 months.

5.) If you are a guy, mostly they will pair you up with a female sale and vice versa, do not fall this trick. Stand firm no matter how cute the sale person might be

6.) Price point: Around 300 HKD for no more than 12 month contract. Seriously, I would not get a membership longer than 12 months. If the sale person said it must be longer, call their bluff. Imagine you are the sale person, and you have quota to fulfill, would you rather have 300 HKD for 12 months or no business at all.

TLDR: Just treat these Big chain gyms like Best Buy in Canada/USA, just 10 times worst.

Happy Training.
    P.S If you bought the $99 Groupon thing, prepare to experience their horrible sales tactics. But if you look overwhelming, smart, firm or in good shape, they won't bother you.

Last edited by Ladyjaja; 27-08-2013 at 11:14 AM.

couldnt have said it better myself. I've been at Physical since April and I think its honestly the biggest joke of a gym ever. Can't wait to go back to Pure even if I gotta pay a premium

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyjaja:
    For those who are planning or interested in join one of the big chain Gym in Hong Kong (ex. Physical, California), please be very careful about the followings:

1.) Make sure you carefully read the contract before signing, especially the contracts terms and price per months. There are enough horror stories of people unknowingly signed a contracts with expansive personal training classes attached.

2.) I would not suggest paying anything with credit card, if you could pay upfront with Cash.

3.) Even if you are not planning to pay with credit card, I suggest that you do not bring it with you.

4.) Do not fall for their sales tactics.

- "If you do not sign up today, there will be a $1,000 admin fee"
    Bullshit: The 1,000 admin fee is there for the sole purpose creating fake deals.

- "If you do not sign up today, we will not be able to offer this LOW price anymore"
    Bullshit: Do not get pressured, take your time to consider your options.

- "We are currently have a crazy promotion, after that we will increase our price."
    Mother of bullshit, I have been receiving phone calls from Physical telling me the same thing for the past 6 months.

5.) If you are a guy, mostly they will pair you up with a female sale and vice versa, do not fall this trick. Stand firm no matter how cute the sale person might be

6.) Price point: Around 300 HKD for no more than 12 month contract. Seriously, I would not get a membership longer than 12 months. If the sale person said it must be longer, call their bluff. Imagine you are the sale person, and you have quota to fulfill, would you rather have 300 HKD for 12 months or no business at all.

TLDR: Just treat these Big chain gyms like Best Buy in Canada/USA, just 10 times worst.

Happy Training.
    P.S If you bought the $99 Groupon thing, prepare to experience their horrible sales tactics. But if you look overwhelming, smart, firm or in good shape, they won't bother you.

Must also add, NEVER give them your real phone number. Avoids the daily nuisance calls to get more money out of you.

Sent from my HTC One X using GeoClicks Mobile

I went there yesterday morning to try to get a trial for my buddy with that 300 dollar coupon. They REFUSED to give him a trial because they had no "sales" in yet. The $#% told me he has to wait until 11am because thats when they arrive at work. Mind you this was at 8am.

She then told me the drop in was 150, then changed it to 100. Someone get this dumb ass fired.

This gym seriously needs to get exposed. Its an absolute joke they call this a business.

Last edited by Editor; 12-09-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Name removed. Sorry.

Pure Fitness?

What do you guys think of this place. Hubby and I are new on the island. Is this a good place?

I actually quite like the Physical in Aberdeen wish they had more classes. My trial ends this week. Am not ready to commit to a 12-mth contract, so will have to wait till there's another special.

Anyone know of any transfer or cancellation policies at Physical?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast