Like Tree5Likes

Physical Fitness gym (Central)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Having been a member of both Physical and Cali for a couple of years each, I'd say they are both as bad as each other (actually no, Cali is a crappier gym all round). But I'm willing to put up with a little bit of salesman-dodging rather than pay something ludicrous like $600-800 a month for Pure or Fitness First.

Went to Ma On Shan one, used to go to Pure, switching because I moved home. Went in because of the 3 month trial that came in the post, got the usual 'sure you can have a trial, or you can sign today for half price and no signup fee'. I was thinking about it just because I may as well, until I asked for a towel for my workout and they asked for $20. Asked whether towels are included in the contract and of course they weren't, only if you sign for 2 years. I told them if they include towels in the 1 year contract then I'd sign up but no amount of back and forth would persuade them. They seemed to think Pure cost more because of the towels, I explained it was because they had a much better gym :P Gave up in the end, if I get a towel every workout that's up to $400 extra per month.

[QUOTE=Akael;3028509, if I get a towel every workout that's up to $400 extra per month.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just bring your own, can't be that difficult?

Towel provision is a major reason for choosing a gym. Remembering to bring, take home wet, launder etc towels is a pain in the ass.

MyCsPiTTa likes this.

Yes, especially when going often and commuting on a bike. Wish there were a Pure in NT, don't need to take anything then.

Gotta agree about the towels. Mind you, assuming you expect to be in HK for more than 1 year, the 2 and 3 year deals are MUCH better value than the 12-month one.

received a 3 month trial via post for Physical, was wondering if someone could point me some normal price quotes for 12 month contracts? idm if i dont get towels, if they have a place to shower than im all set. also, for the 12 month contracts, do i have to pay an upfront fee? im a uni student so i cant afford to pay like 8k upfront but am willing to pay 300ish/ month

Any idea what monthly price I SHOULD be able land at Cali Fitness Central? I'm in town for three months and it looks like it's only a few blocks from my place (I'm on Aberdeen and Hollywood). Proximity is key.

Quote Originally Posted by rook_hk:
    Any idea what monthly price I SHOULD be able land at Cali Fitness Central? I'm in town for three months and it looks like it's only a few blocks from my place (I'm on Aberdeen and Hollywood). Proximity is key.
    I've never seen them sell monthly memberships. You may need to buy an annual one with some ability to cancel ... and then cancel it right away!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I've never seen them sell monthly memberships. You may need to buy an annual one with some ability to cancel ... and then cancel it right away!
    Ah, crap. I saw their "online membership" which advertises no-commitment and assumed standard memberships were similar.

Online Membership - California Fitness Hong Kong

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast