Like Tree5Likes

Physical Fitness gym (Central)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Physical Fitness gym (Central)

Can anyone spill the beans on what deals they've got recently at the new Physical gym in Central?

Would like to know good deals to join for 1 or 2 years?

How much they charge per PT session? And what is the minimum number of PT sessions that people have been able to sign up for (30?)?

And whether you get hassled as much to sign up for more PT sessions as you do in California Fitness ?.....

Any bad stories about Physical that I should be aware of before I join?

I've been a member at California Fitness for a couple of years now and have finally had enough of them - the new gym is rubbish, all of the decent trainers have left, the amount of pressure to sell more sessions, even to existing clients like me, just gets worse and worse, and frankly I've had enough and want to move on!!...... I've looked at the new Phyiscal gym and the facilities seem to be great, but want to make sure that I'm not moving from one bad place to another ..... any guidance gratefully received!.....

asianexpatinhk likes this.

hey you need to contact me.

Last edited by koenlam; 18-04-2012 at 11:22 AM.

I've never been hassled at all. Luckily for me I go to the gym in Tuen Mun and it seems that they put all the non-English speaking staff to work in there. RESULT!

Last edited by justjoe86; 18-04-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

in CF, Tuen mun club is known as last resort... their target is small, staff they dun like they transfer them their. trust me I'm an ex staff.

Hi

I've joined them in Central.

I am paying about HK$230 a month for 15 months. The way it worked was I paid a lump sum for a 12 month contract and they gave me 3 months free, working out at about HK$230 a month. If you sign up for a 24 month contract they will throw in something like 5 months free, it then works out at something like HK$170 a month.

With the above deal they gave me something like 75 free classes (won't use them) but no free towel usage. For that you have to pay extra.

They do quite a hard sell on the PT session, pretty much trying to force you to use the first free one. I originally booked a date for it and then cancelled. I then got a call from them asking to schedule a new PT session, but kept on resisting.

When working out, you sometimes do get the PT's trying to stalk you.

Yup they always oversell you, most of the trainers are not even qualified... they all have no background at all, no interest in sport only in your credit card. but actually the new gym you dun even have to have a membership. Because they have no security at all... Reception is at floor 16 which you have to go check in. but the elevators are public... meaning that all the people from other floors also uses them tgt with the members.. so if you just wait in elevator.. a member will push the button for you so you can train in any floor 12-15 without paying... they can't check you

Mr SS has been a member of Physical since September 2011 - he has not been approached ONCE by a personal trainer. In fact, he's just got back from there and I just asked him, he claims that he only ever says 4 words each time he's there - thank you on checking in and again on checking out!

Quote Originally Posted by CFsux:
    Yup they always oversell you, most of the trainers are not even qualified... they all have no background at all, no interest in sport only in your credit card. but actually the new gym you dun even have to have a membership. Because they have no security at all... Reception is at floor 16 which you have to go check in. but the elevators are public... meaning that all the people from other floors also uses them tgt with the members.. so if you just wait in elevator.. a member will push the button for you so you can train in any floor 12-15 without paying... they can't check you
    I don't think the lift stops on floor's 12-15 though.

no it doesn't you need the towel card. but think like this, if you are a member you go check in at reception 16 floor use the towel card to use the elevator, and someone from other companies of that building using that elevator.. when you exit they can exit with you and have a look at club. secondly, if i was your friend i could just wait at lobby for you to pick me up after you checked in. no one knows

to Satay Sue...
    MrSS is one of the few lucky mbrs then. you know they kinda figure out who they can try hard sell or not.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast