Like Tree1Likes

Squash in HK

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

If you practise at the HK squash centre then yes, ask around and you'll find out what is going on. There are notices on the notice board (which I mostly ignore) but I suspect if you put some effort in you'll be rewarded. The girl I play with has an english speaking coach and he would know - he lurks around the courts when not coaching too so if you approach a middle aged scruffy looking indian, he's probably be most helpful!
    Downside - none of the STAFF in the courts speak a word of English, so it's a ltttle harder than back home!

squash

hey, i've been playing for quite a few years and play club level competitive squash back home. would be great to get a few games sometime. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by lai99:
    Hi

I'm really happy that there is such a long thread. I am moving over Jan 2012 and I play love level womens county squash in London. I'm really keen to carry on playing

A few questions
    1. How much does it normally cost to play squash, say 2/3 times a week?
    2. Does anyone have a contact that plays in a league for somewhere either in Jordan, TST or Central
    3. I know there are a few clubs that play squash like KCC, USRC and HKFC but they seem really really expensive... Am i correct in saying that?

thank you

Thank you all for being really helpful. I will message you when I land in HK so we can organise to have a hit!

where do you buy Squash racket ?? which is good for beginner ?? what is the price do you pay ??

Actually, if you do not mind joining the community squash club, HK Squash Center is the home court for Kinetic. You can also go to Hong Kong Squash to find the local community squash team.

I do know a squash coach in HK Football club and I could see if they would like new members if you are at an advanced level. Somehow, I feel that either you could afford a big fee or you can help them to earn good trophey to secure a seat...

oh, btw, welcome to town soon!

Quote Originally Posted by lai99:
    Thank you all for being really helpful. I will message you when I land in HK so we can organise to have a hit!

Hi Siulung

Thank you so much for that! I'd be keen to look into both. I'm happy to play community squash as I really don't want to give up the sport as its the I've played forever.

Thank you again!!!

All, this is the link to book squash court online.

http://w1.leisurelink.lcsd.gov.hk/index/index.jsp

Just to let u all know that we (sammyg43, Geof, Leooo) have a fun game tonight! So lets continue.

I found that there are still courts available at Kowloon Tong - Cornwell Street Squash & TT Center (Leisure and Cultural Services Department) on 26 Oct 7.30-9pm. It's just a 10 mins walk from Kowloon Tong MTR. Who's interested?

Hi Shirley,

I am in for the next session.
    See you next Wednesday.

Cheers.

Date: Oct 26 (Wed) 7-8.30pm
    Venue: Kowloon Tong - Cornwell Street Squash & TT Center

Me, Geof, ??Who else??

I will book the court by Sat 5pm.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast