Like Tree2Likes

Ice Hockey in HK: Where do you keep your Equipment?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by dtb:
    Anyone knows if there is any course available for a 3.5 yrs old boy?
    instruction: whack the puck towards the goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    instruction: whack the puck towards the goalie.
    And cross check the opponents

Quote Originally Posted by dtb:
    And cross check the opponents
    That's instinct and should not require intructions.

My hubby tried storing it at Megaice last summer, but the storage box is too small to let air circulate, do it was always damp & musty smelling. He now carts his bag, like all the guys do from DB, to the rink and keeps it in our house. DO NOT store it outside, even in a Rubbermaid container with those cheap plastic dehumidifier boxes, as your skates will be rusted, and your gear will be full of mould by the end of the week!

maybe you could store the bulky padding etc at the rink and then just bring your skates back and forth? that would mean you aren't bringing your smelly kit into the house, you should have enough space in the storage locker, you aren't lugging everything with you every time you play.

Quote Originally Posted by LolaG:
    My hubby tried storing it at Megaice last summer, but the storage box is too small to let air circulate, do it was always damp & musty smelling. He now carts his bag, like all the guys do from DB, to the rink and keeps it in our house. DO NOT store it outside, even in a Rubbermaid container with those cheap plastic dehumidifier boxes, as your skates will be rusted, and your gear will be full of mould by the end of the week!
    Thanks for sharing your experiences, it seems likes quite the struggle to air the stuff our in Hong Kong. Your hubby is lucky you don't mind the stuff inside . Hmmm.. must be much better playing in the winter season then.. but I don't want to wait! lol~

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    maybe you could store the bulky padding etc at the rink and then just bring your skates back and forth? that would mean you aren't bringing your smelly kit into the house, you should have enough space in the storage locker, you aren't lugging everything with you every time you play.
    This could be a bit better, yes! But its a while till the season, maybe I can DIY a climate controlled shed for the roof, haha~ maybe there would be a market for those in hk?

The summer league fees for last year were $2150 HKD. The storage lockers were $4200 HKD for a top or bottom locker for an entire year. There are middle lockers but they are impossible to get. Even the top and bottom lockers were sold out this year I believe. The locker rental renewals are coming up this month.

I use a top locker at Mega Ice. I spray my equipment with Dettol disinfectant spray and use a one-use dehumidifier pack in my locker which helps out with the dampness and musty smell. LolaG should be commended for allowing her hubby store it at home though

I agree a DIY climate controlled shed would be ideal.

I had thought of purchasing an IKEA box that would be air tight for outside on my balcony. My non scientific understanding is that mold needs moisture to form?

Does anyone have any experience with using air tight containers outside for storage?

Feel free to post or PM if you have further questions.