Like Tree3Likes

Where to buy Tennis Rackets and Bags?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy Tennis Rackets and Bags?

Im currently in HK for holiday so im clueless to where to buy stuff. Im staying in Kowloon, I've been around monk kok, tsim sha jui, and kowloon city but still not able to find a good sport shop that sells top line proper rackets and tennis bags. Does anyone know if theres any good dedicated not overpriced tennis stores in Hong kong?

Thanks

It might be worth going over to the HK Island side in Tin Hau (behind Victoria Park's Tennis Courts) for proper and a wide selection of tennis equipment. Its on Electric Road/Street near the MTR station. They string rackets for Pro's when they play tournaments in Hong Kong, so they know their tennis good. Prices are definitely cheaper than branch and department stores. I hope this helps!

MandM! likes this.

There are 2 in Mongkok, Wan Kee & MRS. The ones in HK island can be a little overpriced at times.

Wan Kee sell best price racquets, shoes....
    Address in Wan Chai, G/F 46 Johnston Road.
    MRS less selections I think.

My favorite shop is Wah Sang on Yee Wo st near Victoria Park almost right in front of the Regal. I also often go to the two shops on Electric st, they're almost in front of each other. I actually prefer the one that is hidden in the mall behind, it has a better selection of shoes.

One of my tennis friends swears by this one but I've never been:
    Master Gear in Causeway Bay (Island side):
    Owner: Tim (USRSA Certified Stringer)
    Unit1301, 13/F., Richmond Plaza, 498 Lockhart Road, CWB, Hong Kong

There's also a nice little shop that I've used once and was quite happy with the result: It's called Sports Town and if I remember correctly it's on the first floor of the San Po Kong plaza near Kowloon City.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    My favorite shop is Wah Sang on Yee Wo st near Victoria Park almost right in front of the Regal. I also often go to the two shops on Electric st, they're almost in front of each other. I actually prefer the one that is hidden in the mall behind, it has a better selection of shoes.

One of my tennis friends swears by this one but I've never been:
    Master Gear in Causeway Bay (Island side):
    Owner: Tim (USRSA Certified Stringer)
    Unit1301, 13/F., Richmond Plaza, 498 Lockhart Road, CWB, Hong Kong

There's also a nice little shop that I've used once and was quite happy with the result: It's called Sports Town and if I remember correctly it's on the first floor of the San Po Kong plaza near Kowloon City.
    I used to frequent Master Gear, but found they charge a much higher premium over the others.

The last straw was having my tie offs done at the wrong grommet holes.

Try MRS instead, they have a USRSA MRT (> USRSA certified stringer) qualified guy there.

There's another shop called TT sports in Kwun Tong, quite a fair bit of interesting stuff there.

Another place for good cheap buys is Pro Tension Racquet in Tai Wai.

Google them for the address.
    Last edited by syke; 27-06-2012 at 09:56 PM.

madi717

Can anyone suggest a nice racket for beginners? Do the shops in the above still decent places to go for?

Try Wan Kee, they got a shop at Johnson Road and few at Mong Kok

Decathlon (store in CWB) also has some decent options.

https://www.decathlon.com.hk/en/brow...ets/_/N-rnsplw

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Decathlon (store in CWB) also has some decent options https://www.decathlon.com.hk/en/brow...ets/_/N-rnsplw
    Their flagship store in Mong Kok has a far greater selection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast