Like Tree1Likes

Adult swimming lessons

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Adult swimming lessons

Hi all..i'm a 27 yr old male who never learnt to swim. It is quite embarrassing also at times..Now since I have the time and resources, i'd like to give it a try..but most of the swimming classes in HK are for kids.. does anyone know any places in the HK island where there are adult coaching groups??

I'm also open to private lessons at a reasonable cost

Same situation here.. but time to get learning.... I did sign up for the course in SCAA (Causeway Bay). They do have a session for adults.

hey thanks for the quick info..wanted to check few more things from your experience..when are the classes starting and how much did u pay for it? and how big is the group

Quote Originally Posted by HKquiso:
    hey thanks for the quick info..wanted to check few more things from your experience..when are the classes starting and how much did u pay for it? and how big is the group
    Yesss! I'm quite desperate to learn as well. Lately I've taken to plunging into the pool to force myself to learn, but id be lying if I said Ive had anything other than very limited success.

Try SCAA causeway bay. July and august already full but you can enroll for September class. Not that costly though.

Is there anything southern side like around stanley and how much would it cost.

So did anyone join SCAA, and if so, how was the experience? Just like others, I think it is time that I learn swimming.

SCAA or Private instructor?

Quote Originally Posted by buriedatsea:
    So did anyone join SCAA, and if so, how was the experience? Just like others, I think it is time that I learn swimming.
    Hi,

I called up SCAA and enquired them for the details. Apparantly, the course for 'only' adult beginners is full and the next one starts only in October. Did anybody try a private instructor and if so, could you please let me know the fee etc involved.

Thanks and appreciate help!

Maybe few of us can get together a private instructor and get lessons in an apartment building pool.

You can try the option my friend did. He came on a couple of junk boat trips and forced himself into the (very deep) water clutching a floatation device. Then all of his friends (me included) rallied around to teach him how to swim. From being terrified of getting into the water he migrated to swimming short distances unaided (ALL done in water well out of his depth) over the course of 2 junk trips! I thought it was really impressive.

Drramyan likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast