Like Tree125Likes

Chinese Swimmer Accused of Doping

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    OMG What are you saying?

China trained her. Therefore she cannot be a cheat.

She is just AMAZING, like all of China, as they are the superior race.

It is just now that the rest of the Western yolk scum of the evil empire is understanding this.

All Chinese are this fast at swimming. In fact this swimmer was China's slowest swimmer.
    Everything you need to know:

But Ye denied the allegations against her, telling reporters: "My results come from hard work and training and I would never use any banned drugs. The Chinese people have clean hands."
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Professional sports is all about who dopes best and who knows how to get away with it. The Chinese just employed those with more expertise.
    Bet you they hired a bunch of Russian and East German scientists to help them in this endeavour.

But at the end of the day CHINA IS BEST. Evil yolk scum evil western empire yolk scum is just jealous that CHINA IS BEST.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ewankho:
    Everything you need to know:
    Yeah there are certainly suspicions that would warrant raising of eyebrows, but again, legally speaking, Ye can't be a doper until she is tested as one. This might be an unpopular view, but I think the Chinese swimmers have learnt their lessons from their doping past. They aren't going to risk their reputation and standing again by going through the doping routine.

I'll go with -
    Innocent until proven guilty
    Sports is all about excellence, one day you think it can't get better than A, and then along comes B and raises the bar...Why can't the lady in question be "just better" than others?

Skyhook likes this.

I always thought the way to go about this was to formally lodge a complaint with the anti-doping authorities. Assuming this has been done. Levelling such accusations in public whilst an investigation is underway is stupid and unsportsmanlike. If they feel there has been doping and they haven't done anything about it other than whine to the press corp (and look really stupid) then they should really just shut up and put in the paperwork ASAP.

If she does check out okay, I hope they have an early draft by now, of the public apology they will owe her.

Of course, if she tests positive, then she will be stripped of the gold, disqualified from the rest of the events or whatever measure is taken for these offences and China's image is further blackened.

Skyhook, Gatts and BessyGirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Yeah there are certainly suspicions that would warrant raising of eyebrows, but again, legally speaking, Ye can't be a doper until she is tested as one. This might be an unpopular view, but I think the Chinese swimmers have learnt their lessons from their doping past. They aren't going to risk their reputation and standing again by going through the doping routine.
    Yup, she is not a doper which is why she still has her medal. But doping is like an arms race with the dopers always trying to be one step ahead of the testers and it could take years before anybody can prove she did anything illegal or in some cases not illegal now but deemed illegal in the future. If any 16 year old female of any nationality out sprints Usain Bolt I think you would get the same reaction.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    I'll go with -
    Innocent until proven guilty
    Sports is all about excellence, one day you think it can't get better than A, and then along comes B and raises the bar...Why can't the lady in question be "just better" than others?
    Call me cynical, but I assume that drug usage is pervasive throughout most professional sports that involve large amounts of money.
    dear giant likes this.

OK, and does Olympics fall under "sports that involve large amounts of money" category?

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    OK, and does Olympics fall under "sports that involve large amounts of money" category?
    Yes. Ask I-Cable, TVB and ATV.

That money goes to the organisers, but do these sportspersons make the kind of money professional footballers for instance make?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast