Like Tree1Likes

In search of yoga

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

In search of yoga

Hi,
    I love yoga but haven't found anywhere in HK that really suits my needs yet. I'd rather not sign up to any memberships so that has ruled out a lot of the more commercial gyms and places like 'myoga.' The smaller independent places I've looked at are just a bit too expensive for me at around $180-200 per class.

I'd happily pay around $100 per class and would like to do one class per week. I'd prefer to pay per class or buy a block or 10 or so lessons rather than have any long term commitment. At the moment evenings are probably better for me but in September it would need to be mornings.

Ideally I'd also like to find a class that includes some relaxation/breathing/meditation techniques too. A lot of the classes I've been to here only really focus on asana.

HK Island would be ideal but would consider TST.

I know this is a long wish list but do let me know if you know of anywhere that might be suitable.
    Thanks.

Keep me posted as well. I haven't found one yet either.

Anahata Yoga in Central might be worth a try.

My wife is looking as well. Anahata looks good, but i distrust a website that works so hard to avoid telling you how much it costs...

Anahata and Yoga Room are the ones that I like most but if memory serves me well I believe per class is north of $200.

All - as per lingc's 08:51 reponse. As well as Anahata& Yoga Room, there's Bodywize in Happy Valley. Last year, they wereoffering 40 sessions package at $150 per lesson.

dougmal - the majority of websites (yoga & others) inHong Kong, do not publicise rates. You need to contact them, then they have asales person 'talk' to you. Just email them & have them send you the rates.My policy is, if I am required to talk to them on the phone (or some of themwant you to go in), I cross them off my list!

Fiona in HK - you'd be hard pressed to locate a studio thatoffers $100 sessions ongoing, particularly on the island. As per lingc,average would be $200 upwards. For $100, you'd need to search for independentyoga teachers teaching at private locations or clubs. Even then, most teacherswould charge on average $150 per session, & their timetable is unlikely tosuit you.

I did extensive research on all the offerings available in Hong Kong in2011, so rates may have changed .. & you'd have to confirm if they arestill open (!), though, the following may be in the range you're looking for:

* Hong Kong Yoga Studio - http://www.hkyogastudio.org/Fee-2/

* Life Management Yoga Centre (this one's in TST) - http://www.yoga.org.hk/?page_id=803

* Yoga With Julia - http://www.yogawithjulia.theinplace.com/

* Yogamala - apparently, they have sessions during the weekdays only for~$100 ... http://www.yogamala.com.hk/index.html

Have fun!

What do Pure Yoga charge?

Anahata currently charges HKD 300 for drop in classes.

Another possibility is to join the yoga classes organized by the project team x group. One session is HKD 120, 5x sessions are HKD 500. They have small classes and it's quickly fully booked.

Fitness: Yoga Series, Teacher:Nasci - Project X Team (Hong Kong) - Meetup

elliee likes this.

Yoga Central has individual classes for HK$170 or a 'package' of 4 classes for HK$600 (HK$150 each). Their schedule online isn't great/ always up to date and it is best to call for an updated one.

Fees

That is about the least expensive that I've been able to find.

Yoga Room in Sheung Wan used to be inexpensive, but now their drop in class rates are something like HK$280 now -- too expensive.

Can't stand the sales pressure at Anahata - makes the whole experience so unrelaxing that I won't go back. There was also the somewhat shady issue with the studio that went under which Anahata took over several years ago, without honoring the old members' memberships...

Quote Originally Posted by elliee:
    Yoga Central has individual classes for HK$170 or a 'package' of 4 classes for HK$600 (HK$150 each). Their schedule online isn't great/ always up to date and it is best to call for an updated one.

Fees

That is about the least expensive that I've been able to find.

Yoga Room in Sheung Wan used to be inexpensive, but now their drop in class rates are something like HK$280 now -- too expensive.

Can't stand the sales pressure at Anahata - makes the whole experience so unrelaxing that I won't go back. There was also the somewhat shady issue with the studio that went under which Anahata took over several years ago, without honoring the old members' memberships...
    Is that Planet Yoga? I imagine they went bust taking members' money with them. So why should the new tenant offer free yoga to the old tenant's former customers? It might have made sense from a marketing perspective to offer some sort of discount to those former members, but if they didn't get a penny from the former tenant (which i doubt they did), it wouldn't make sense at all to "honour" the former memberships - nothing to honour.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast