Pemier league football in East HK

Closed Thread

Pemier league football in East HK

Hi,
    Im looking to cheer on the mighty Gunners while im over here and know of a few bars around Central & Wan chai but if i were looking for a place that shows the football closer to home (Im living in Quarry bay) does anyone know of somewhere near to Tai koo,North point,Sai wan ho?.
    Thanks in advance.

There are plenty of places in Quarry Bay that show the football, the easiest place to find would be the sports bar in the main bar street (Tong Chong Street) but there are also numerous other local bars and restaurants around Quarry Bay/North Point that show the football.

Thanks,thats great.
    So whats the situation here with the TV coverage,do the bars show just games covered by Sky sports or do they cover most matches?
    For example if Arsenal had a game on a tuesday night that wasn't a Sky televised game,do you think i can still find somewhere that will be showing the match?

Well bars can only show games that are televised but a midweek premier league game probably would be. The problem is more that a midweek evening game will kick off at something like three in the morning HK time so there are not that many bars in QB that will be willing to stay open until early hours on a Tuesday night just for the couple of people who might want to watch a particular early hours football match. There is a local 24-hour restaurant in Quarry Bay that shows the football though so you could probably watch it there or you could go into Wan Chai to find an all-night bar showing it.

Thanks Dipper,I think i'll make my way over to Wan chai then.

Now TV shows every single premier league game live.

If there are more than one game on at the same time, it's up to the bar which one they want to show. Usually the Manure or Livershite games due to local support.

Any Gooners watching the game tonight? ....early kick off,about 9.30pm i think.