Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WMDS

Anyone heard of the new fighting gym Hayabusa?

Closed Thread

Anyone heard of the new fighting gym Hayabusa?

If so, can anyone tell me what the classes are like in terms of the numbers, structure, class emphasis?

I talked to one of the guys there and they seemed quite hard sell. Am looking for muay Thai gyms which are convenient from central which is decent and doesn't bust a wallet in terms of price.

Thanks!

I looked at the prices and that gym will bust your wallet and then some. You could perhaps look at Impakt, that's another gym I know of, not sure about prices.

Impakt is 1k per month, if you don't go for PT sessions.

Checked out Hayabusa last Thurs, wanna to go for trial class (MMA subs) on Sat. So I left my name and number with them. Big mistake.

Receive a call on Thurs dinner time to confirm trial, told them I will be coming. Fri evening, receive another call again, by another sales, but to confirm the trial again.

Come Sat, rec another call again, I ignored it. Then receive about 10 missed calls in span of 2 hours. Because of this, I decide against going for trial, imagine how pushy they will sell me the package after the trial?

That's not the way to run a MMA gym, they should really go read up some Marketing for Dummies book.

I think most MMA gyms located in central will be wallet busting. I went there once to look at some Gi, (very expensive, over $2000!!). Try Versus in Sheung Wan, it's a few trams stop from central and they have muay thai classes as well as MMA classes.

Phlebas likes this.

Try DEF Boxing in Sheung Wan. Nearest Shueng Wan MTR Station, she have Muay Thai class (HK$200/session, no membership fee).

Last edited by alaner; 02-12-2012 at 10:54 PM.

you might want to check out
    http://www.gripsbjj.com/ or http://www.jabmma.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    I think most MMA gyms located in central will be wallet busting. I went there once to look at some Gi, (very expensive, over $2000!!). Try Versus in Sheung Wan, it's a few trams stop from central and they have muay thai classes as well as MMA classes.
    +1 on this, Versus is a good value MMA gym. Good atmosphere, good range of ability in the open classes and from what I see, they do some decent private training too.