Like Tree86Likes

Lance Armstrong finally busted...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Lance Armstrong finally busted...

Seems Lance has had enough of dodging the authorities and hiding behind his lawyers...

USADA to strip Lance Armstrong of 7 Tour titles - Yahoo! Sports Canada

dear giant likes this.

Cheaters never win and winners never cheat.

Just wish it were true more of the time.

HowardCoombs likes this.

''USADA cannot assert control of a professional international sport and attempt to strip my seven Tour de France titles,'' he said. ''I know who won those seven Tours, my teammates know who won those seven Tours, and everyone I competed against knows who won those seven Tours.''...

Try to keep up, Lance....it's not whether or not you won them...we all know you did...it's HOW you won them....

dear giant likes this.

Curious how the UCI is still backing Armstrong, maybe they fear bringing their sport into further disrepute (all that badminton throwing game business pale in comparison) and the $$$ they will lose if sponsors withdraw. That's all that matters to them in the end, money:

Still to be heard from was the sport's governing body, the International Cycling Union, which had backed Armstrong's legal challenge to USADA's authority and in theory could take the case before the international Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Curious how the UCI is still backing Armstrong, maybe they fear bringing their sport into further disrepute (all that badminton throwing game business pale in comparison) and the $$$ they will lose if sponsors withdraw. That's all that matters to them in the end, money:

Still to be heard from was the sport's governing body, the International Cycling Union, which had backed Armstrong's legal challenge to USADA's authority and in theory could take the case before the international Court of Arbitration for Sport.
    The UCI aren't the least bit worried about losing any sponsors. You clearly don't know a lot about this case. The UCI have several concerns, I'd say sponsorship doesn't feature high on the list.

Heck even Nike aren't bothered by this.

Nike statement on Armstrong: Lance has stated his innocence and has been unwavering on this position. Nike plans to continue to support Lance and the Lance Armstrong Foundation, a foundation that Lance created to serve cancer survivors.
    Last edited by Alan Partridge; 24-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    kpelszyn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Partridge:
    The UCI aren't the least bit worried about losing any sponsors. You clearly don't know a lot about this case. The UCI is worried about other things.

Heck even Nike aren't bothered by this.

Nike statement on Armstrong: Lance has stated his innocence and has been unwavering on this position. Nike plans to continue to support Lance and the Lance Armstrong Foundation, a foundation that Lance created to serve cancer survivors.
    Well if you know so much, why is the UCI still backing Armstrong? And what exactly is UCI worried about?

And I'm not not talking about Nike's sponsorship of Lance. I am talking about the sponsorship of the UCI. You clearly can't read properly.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 24-08-2012 at 02:36 PM.

About time...this sport is reallly totally ruined by that.

Many sports are but this one in particular is really really in bad condition....

And will it change anything? Nope...

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Well if you know so much, why is the UCI still backing Armstrong? And what exactly is UCI worried about?

And I'm not not talking about Nike's sponsorship of Lance. I am talking about the sponsorship of the UCI. You clearly can't read properly.
    For a start the UCI aren't 'backing' Lance as such.

I'd say top of the list of the UCI's concerns are the cover up allegations (whether true or false) which would have been scruitinsed if this had gone through to USADA arbitration. Most likely raising a ton of questions and suspicions over the UCI's past activities. I'm sure they'd rather not have dirty laundry aired in public.

Then there are Lance Armstrong's 'donations' to the UCI and the alleged failed tests in Switzerland.

Then the legitimate concerns about who actually has authority in this case.

In any case, Lance isn't even a cyclist anymore, he was racing triathlon when this came up in June (a different governing body completely) so why would any sponsors pull out of cycling?

I can read great thanks. You can't understand what the Nike example demonstrates?
    Last edited by Alan Partridge; 24-08-2012 at 02:50 PM.

How does doping work in cycling. I must admit that I'm not much of a fan. My initial reaction is that I don't care if people dope as long as its all out in the open, and that most of the pros dope with it illegal anyway. My second reaction has to do much more specifically with steroids and HGH which are "performance enhancers that for most sports do not directly help achievement in the sport, but indirectly help by allowing users to put in more time and effort to improving their physical condition, which might improve performance in the end, but may not. In those cases I really don't mind at all. If people are doing things that allow them to work more, that isn't cheating, that's industrious. I don't know about cycling or track for example though. Perhaps the doping they do there directly affects their performance, and not only their ability to work out.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast