Less Crowded Swimming Pool in HK

Closed Thread

Less Crowded Swimming Pool in HK

hey ladies/gent,

Can anyone suggest a standard sized/less crowded swimming pool, preferably in Kowloon or New Territories? I'm not sure if it's because of the summer time or what, but all the pools Ive been to are always crowded. It's hard to do lap swim without crashing into another person.

During the weekends and evenings all the public pools will be crowded during the summer months.

If you have daytimes free, then mid morning is usually a good time slot to get some lane time without sharing it with 20 others. (you will still have to share a lane, but it maybe 2-4 people instead of 20)

Universities have decent, uncrowded pools and are relatively inexpensive to join, even as a regular resident. ($300 per month)

You can of course swim for free in the ocean, which many people still do on a daily basis (morning and night). Near the Science Park in University/Tai Po there is always a few men and women swimming off the pier. Same goes for Ma on Shan/Wu Kai Sha piers.

There are also some great natural pools in the back country here. For a large one, the pool on the hiking trail out of Tai O is fabulous. The meetup hiking group has been leading hikes there almost every Saturday.

EDIT - if you are rich join the Gold Coast Yacht and Country club. Our pool is almost never crowded. Personally I'd find a beach or a river before I would pay that much though!

Harbour plaza resort city in tin shui wai has a nice pool which is usually quite empty. 300 dollars a month membership.

Edit. But its a funny shaped pool so maybe not ideal for laps.

Last edited by justjoe86; 29-08-2012 at 09:14 AM.