Pure fitness, Admiralty

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Scottie is the guy I am seeing after work. If anyone wants to meet me there at 630 this evening, we can go see him together and try negotiate something.

What is the signing up fee? In fact why is there a signing up fee?!?

Signing up fee is stupid but it's common with most gyms ain't it?

I can't remember how much I paid, but I think it was over 1k initially, 1,200 or something. But gave me 50% off as it was special offer. Then half of that again as I paid with HSBC card. So I paid around 300 bucks I think if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyuk:
    Hey guys, I'm new over here in HK living in DB and I have joined pure fitness at admiralty. I Was wondering if any one works out early in the morning and they would like a training partner? Thanks!
    Hi Matty

I workout at Pure Admiralty. What is your training program ? Have started redoing weight recently so it would be good to have a buddy to workout with.

Cheers !

I signed up at Pure CWB yesterday, I managed to get a 12 month contract at HKD 788 per month which is use of just that gym. My joining fee was HKD 250 with the HSBC credit card.

I also thought i'd try 2 PT sessions, one boxing and one circuit to see what they are like but at HKD 600 per session i doubt i will be making a habit out of it.

I must say the floor plan does look extremely awesome spread over three floors.

Last edited by Trebor; 04-09-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I signed up at Pure CWB yesterday, I managed to get a 12 month contract at HKD 788 per month which is use of just that gym. My joining fee was HKD 250 with the HSBC credit card.

I also thought i'd try 2 PT sessions, one boxing and one circuit to see what they are like but at HKD 600 per session i doubt i will be making a habit out of it.

Good on you. Might see you there then. The place seems great. I'm not much into PT myself as I think I know what I'm doing, but did sign up for a few boxing sessions. Said I want to 'fight' not just hit a bag, so the PT accepted the challenge

I like hitting the weights, but that flowmotion station (is that what it was called?) seems pretty cool. Can imagine going a few rounds on that one is gonna do good!

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-HK:
    Good on you. Might see you there then. The place seems great. I'm not much into PT myself as I think I know what I'm doing, but did sign up for a few boxing sessions. Said I want to 'fight' not just hit a bag, so the PT accepted the challenge

I like hitting the weights, but that flowmotion station (is that what it was called?) seems pretty cool. Can imagine going a few rounds on that one is gonna do good!
    Yea looks pretty good. I did a bit of boxing back in the UK but nothing serious so wanted to compare. If you need a sparring/training partner perhaps we can work something out although i'll most likely be going after work around 6:30. Not sure I can motivate myself to go between 6am/8am.

Yea looks pretty good. I did a bit of boxing back in the UK but nothing serious so wanted to compare. If you need a sparring/training partner perhaps we can work something out although i'll most likely be going after work around 6:30. Not sure I can motivate myself to go between 6am/8am.
    Sounds good. Yeah let's catch up. Haven't been boxing or kickboxing for that matter for years myself, but would like to do some more mma type of training for more explosive strength and cardio. They're suppose to have a bit of mma type of equipment as well. Gotta love/hate that heavy rope!

I usually arrive gym around 6:30 too.

Quote Originally Posted by work2live:
    Hi Matty

I workout at Pure Admiralty. What is your training program ? Have started redoing weight recently so it would be good to have a buddy to workout with.

Cheers !
    Hi matey, I do a five day split, giant sets, tri sets, drops sets, pre exhaustion etc, trying to build me some muscle! i am a recently qualified personal trainer so if you wanted to join me for maybe a day here and there, you could let me practice training you?! I usually get there for around 9am-10am most mornings but could get there earlier. thanks for replying!

Hey Trebor,

Did you have to negotiate much to get that rate? Or is that an offer they have? I just moved to HK a couple of days ago and want to sign up for the Causeway Bay location. Any advice on getting a good deal?

Iggy

No such thing as a "deal" at Pure. Its one of their better points. They have a price and they generally stick to it. Sometimes have corporate or starting out offers, but generally none of the games the others play.