AVOHK 5k series

Closed Thread

AVOHK 5k series

Anyone on here running in this series of races? I ran them last year and ran the first one again last Saturday. I highly recommend them for anyone who wants to get out for a leisurely run in some scenic parts of HK. Hope to see some of you out there!

Details here: AVOHK – Athletic Veterans of Hong Kong

Edit: ah - er., maybe not. AVOHK seems to have forgotten to update their website for the last 2 years!

Try the front page here: http://www.avohk.org/index.php?_room=1

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 06-09-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Did it years ago. Fun but too short for my liking.

Grunt, yeah I had that problem last year. I don't know why such a big club is so bad with the website. Their Facebook group is kept pretty up to date though. This year I signed up very early just so I wouldn't have to deal with their website. Mat, yeah it is the shortest of the distances, but I have a fear of long distance, and I run 5k daily, so I don't desire any more. I also think they are good for people who don't run. Good to get a little competition to spur people on.

Quote Originally Posted by fraxbo:
    Grunt, yeah I had that problem last year. I don't know why such a big club is so bad with the website. Their Facebook group is kept pretty up to date though. This year I signed up very early just so I wouldn't have to deal with their website. Mat, yeah it is the shortest of the distances, but I have a fear of long distance, and I run 5k daily, so I don't desire any more. I also think they are good for people who don't run. Good to get a little competition to spur people on.
    It's probably full already but take a look at the VTP challenge it's short (10k) and fun too
    (Victoria to peack challenge)