Like Tree1Likes

Epic MMA Club

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I don't mind some blood during a sparring match, but while rolling? Ehhhhh, I don't need strangers dripping into my mouth and eyes. They should know enough to stop themselves, though.

Sweat is just something you have to get used to, but bleeding on your training partners is pretty nasty. Most BJJ places I know of tend to be pretty strict about hygiene, I'm surprised Epic with such high profile instructors would let that kind of thing slide.

Epic has been a epic disappointment. It is not very well run, and while the facilities (showers, mats, space) are tops, management and instructors may leave very much to be desired. Be careful of joining for a program or its timetable. After you commit yourself and your monies, they can very well take it away or change it just like that, It is a whole load of marketing but what they sell and what you experience could be drastically different. If you want to join, try out for a short term commitment first. Otherwise you would just be tied.

Quote Originally Posted by Top:
    Epic has been a epic disappointment. It is not very well run, and while the facilities (showers, mats, space) are tops, management and instructors may leave very much to be desired. Be careful of joining for a program or its timetable. After you commit yourself and your monies, they can very well take it away or change it just like that, It is a whole load of marketing but what they sell and what you experience could be drastically different. If you want to join, try out for a short term commitment first. Otherwise you would just be tied.
    What specifically about the management and instructors leave something to be desired? Do you have anything to back it up?

If you sign up and your first post is a negative comment about an establishment, it's usually not taken too seriously.

Way overpriced! You can get a lot more sensible training for a lot less in HK. In my humble opinion, a glamorized sport under the guise of a martial art of limited practical value. Yes, there instructors look very sculptured, ripped and almost bulbous, something of a worry to me!

Quote Originally Posted by surejaney:
    Way overpriced! You can get a lot more sensible training for a lot less in HK. In my humble opinion, a glamorized sport under the guise of a martial art of limited practical value.
    all around fighting has limited practical value? Really?

Where would you suggest to get more "sensible" training?

We could sit down and have a meal to discuss this, of course I would need my chop sticks... Way overpriced. Live life, learn from experience and do try to keep it real.

the first word I think of when I think of epic is...fail...epic fail.

hygiene is terrible. I personally know members who got staph..........

instructors for fitness are unqualified.

nearly signed up, glad I chose otherwise. Have some friends that are seriously regretting it.

so you created an account just to poo poo a mma club?

Don't take it too seriously then. Pay up and find out. I do not have that much time to sit around making comments about the world at large. But the experience is bad enough that I would make the effort to make an account to say, what they sell and market may not be what you get. It is different departments after all. Too many things I can go into but I will not spoil my day with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast