Like Tree8Likes

Gone shooting

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Jay, why Philippines? price?

Did you really go hunting or was that a way of saying you went to a firing range?

Fiona in HKG likes this.

You can find an indoor pistol range in Kwun Tong: http://www.chinagunclub.com.hk/english/index.html
    Raccon, thanks, will definitely check it out. I'm pretty set on rifle, but pistol is still better than nothing.

Re

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Did you really go hunting or was that a way of saying you went to a firing range?
    ha. no, hunting means hunting. range means range.

Quote Originally Posted by AnastasiaB:
    Jay, why Philippines? price?
    Ana, I'm out there a lot anyway and they have a serious gun culture. Hunting is not advisable though as the last thing the country needs is anymore wildlife being shot down, especially deer.Their deer species are almost extinct, so anyone shooting deer there deserves a bullet if you ask me.

Prices vary depending on where you go, but every range in Manila I've been to has two prices: one for Filipinos and one for Foreigners. Prices vary from $300-500 HKD for a box of 50, targets and a gun rental and range officer to help you (tips appreciated as always), and your second and third box will be cheaper if you like to shoot a hundred or more rounds in a session.

The most notorious range for getting scammed at is in Ermita--please don't go there or you will get scammed. Can't recall the name at this time, but they have guys out and about trying to get you to go there. I've heard they even hand people defective automatic weapons for laughs (you pull the trigger and it'll keep firing until the magazine is empty) before you are forced to part with your money.

Since I'm a fairly experienced pistol shooter, they pretty much let me be once they see I know what I'm doing at Armscor, but wow, those rentals are beat up. The Manila Shooting Range in Pasay is much, much nicer, but also much more expensive. Definitely cheaper than HK though! The range in Pasay also lets me load my magazines all the way up, which makes a box of 50 go very quickly.

You will need your ID/Passport for records at any range you visit in my experience.
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 28-09-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Between October and January you're allowed to shoot hippies on Lamma.

It might seem a bit cruel but in the long-term it's for their own good as it keeps the numbers down to manageable levels. If it wasn't for the annual cull pretty soon there wouldn't be enough leaves and berries for them all to eat.

mrdollars and climber07 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AnastasiaB:
    ha. no, hunting means hunting. range means range.
    What did you hunt?

I had some trouble with a Taurus PT24/7 when I was at Clark. Stovepipes, double feeds, you name it. Last time at Artemis though, we had brand new Glock 17s, which was nice. They were almost a bit too new.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    Between October and January you're allowed to shoot hippies on Lamma.

It might seem a bit cruel but in the long-term it's for their own good as it keeps the numbers down to manageable levels. If it wasn't for the annual cull pretty soon there wouldn't be enough leaves and berries for them all to eat.
    ...and from February to September Mainlanders are fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    What did you hunt?
    I went on a "hunt" on the mainland recently.

Basically it was a football field sized area which had a cage in the middle, when everyone was ready they would open the doors to let the kittens get out.

Tricky little buggers to shoot due to the speed/size, usually took an injury shot first before finishing them off!

I believe they were "rescue" cats so all was good on the morals side!