Like Tree50Likes

Hong Kong needs a new, centrally located golf driving range!!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

The Gutter.... I've moved up in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    I'm afraid that business model would be short lived. Their wont be enough "harbor" space to hit into the way HK is building into it. As it is, I can probably hit a driver halfway over it
    Then how will he drive your Alphard home?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Although not ideal, a solution may be to open up an indoor golf simulator centre.

I was in one in Beijing a few months back and it was designed like a typical karaoke centre but the rooms had big screens and golf gear
    These would be good in the house and for getting golf clubs fitted.

For the average golfer, there is no substitution for the 'Real McCoy' you really get a high from watching the ball flight of your drives and check out surrounding competition...a bit like who can piss up the wall highest!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon_simon:
    These would be good in the house and for getting golf clubs fitted.

For the average golfer, there is no substitution for the 'Real McCoy' you really get a high from watching the ball flight of your drives and check out surrounding competition...a bit like who can piss up the wall highest!
    And a good golfer will appreciate the use of both... In a simulator, you can really work on your swing and see the effects of stance/grip/swing very precisely on your launch angle and distance which you can't see at the range.

In my case, the simulator has been far more beneficial to my game than the range. I like the range to work on draws and cut and hitting off the grass instead of a mat but that's about it. Teenagers and young studs might get a kick hitting a ball 300 yards but it means little on the course if you don't have distance and flight control.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    And a good golfer will appreciate the use of both... In a simulator, you can really work on your swing and see the effects of stance/grip/swing very precisely on your launch angle and distance which you can't see at the range.

In my case, the simulator has been far more beneficial to my game than the range. I like the range to work on draws and cut and hitting off the grass instead of a mat but that's about it. Teenagers and young studs might get a kick hitting a ball 300 yards but it means little on the course if you don't have distance and flight control.
    Good to see that you know what your talking about when it comes to golf!

I never said that simulators are no good, that is why I would have it in the house, I agree with all the benefits you mentioned plus you can also hit your favorite ball (pro v1) and learn about various golf courses all over the world.

I will need to keep a tab on you!

...a bit like who can piss up the wall highest!
    I think we have a winner.

The government should build a wall for golfers to piss up.

/thread
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Good to see that you know what your talking about when it comes to golf!

I never said that simulators are no good, that is why I would have it in the house, I agree with all the benefits you mentioned plus you can also hit your favorite ball (pro v1) and learn about various golf courses all over the world.

I will need to keep a tab on you!
    Having one in the home is not really an option for most HK golfers. Between space, ceiling height and cost(40K USD), you're much better off visiting a club.

These things are perfectly suited to HK unlike driving ranges which really have no future here.
    Last edited by gilleshk; 11-12-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Having one in the home is not really an option for most HK golfers. Between space, ceiling height and cost(40K USD), you're much better off visiting a club.

These things are perfectly suited to HK unlike driving ranges which really have no future here.
    A golfer that is content with lack of practice facilities...hmm, I'm guessing you don't need to practice as much as I do!

Olympic have a driving range. If golfers are too lazy to walk 10-15 mins in the MTR how are they going to do on a 18 holes course ?

Get a cart and a caddie like most lazy sods that play golf...

Get a cart and a caddie like most lazy sods that play golf...
    Or disabled people, older people, when it is compulsory to speed up play, when the Esky is too full of beer to carry.................. etc.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast